Friday, January 27, 2012

What a Day!

Ken and I left by 9:15 this morning and drove towards Marco Island to go to see Dave and Sharon Horst.  We know them from working with them at Bird-In-Hand Market and then Ken helped them with some Real Estate Transactions.  They are originally from New Holland PA and now have a gorgeous log home they built in Central PA.  We see them every year when we come to Florida and they are the most gracious host and hostess.  Like previous years, they took us out on their boat to an island to go shell hunting.  Sharon is an expert when it comes to the name of shells plus interesting info about them.  Again, we found some wonderful and unusual shells.  I thought I would only bring back a few this year, but whenever I go hunting, I just can't resist taking lots of them home with me.  We shelled from noon to 3:15 and had a blast.

Then we went back to their home and had a very nice visit.  Dave made blackened shephead fish for Ken that he had caught in recent days and Sharon made a huge tray of fresh vegetables that we cut up, sprinkled with olive oil and some spices and placed in the oven.  Since I am not a seafood lover, Dave made me a boneless pork chop.  What a delicious meal with Key Lime Pie for dessert.  Dave and Ken picked grapefruit, star fruit and lemons for us to bring back to "Willie" and then Dave gave us some ring bologna, deer bologna, jerky, and some deer sticks.  Dave is a butcher!!  He also gave some additional shephead fish for Ken to make on the grill.  As I said before, they are some of the most generous people we know.  It was a positively wonderful day!








Tomorrow we are going kayaking with Barry and Deb, launching the kayaks right from their CG.  Looking forward to a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment