Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Monday and Tuesday - Beautiful Days!

Monday Ken got in his 10,000 steps while I did my mile+ walk.  We were busy packing and making breakfast before leaving at 9:15 to visit Bob and Pat, friends from Edgewater Church.  After a very nice 1 1/2 visit, we drove to Venice to spend time with Rick and Joyce.

We played a game of double deck Pinochle and the men actually won!  We had a very nice visit but left around 2 to get back to the Condo to do more packing in preparation for our trip home early Wednesday morning.  Ken had Celebrate Recovery in the evening and I had a nice phone conversation with Doloris back in PA and with Melissa that we had visited at The Villages.  It was great to talk to both of them.  I did some crocheting while watching The Voice.  Ken was back home by 9 and we were in bed by 10.  Can't believe it is time to head back to PA!

Today, Tuesday, Ken and I did the same walks as yesterday.  We loaded some items in the car and by 8:45 we were on our way to Venice to meet John, Cindy, Rick and Joyce at Peach's for breakfast.  What a fun time the 6 of us shared!  We said our good-byes to Rick and Joyce, because we won't see them again until after Christmas when we return to Florida for the winter.  We are certainly going to miss these special friends!

Ken and I went to Royal Coachman, the camping resort where Cindy and John are staying, and played 3 games of shuffleboard with the women beating them rather handily every game!  Then we went to their motorhome where the men beat the women in a game of Skip-Bo.  I never seem to win that game no matter who my partner is - I think I really dislike that game!!!!

We said our good-byes, for they won't return to PA until the beginning of November, and were back to the Condo by 3:30.  Ken rested in preparation for our early rise tomorrow morning while I did devotions and some cleaning.  He went to meet Joe from church for coffee while I washed the bathroom floors.  When he returned we had leftovers for dinner and then loaded the car.  We watched some TV and by 9:00 we were in bed for an early rise time!

No comments:

Post a Comment