Saturday, August 16, 2014

Family Vacation is Over - Homeward Bound!

Everyone was up by 6:30 and 4 little girls came to our bedroom singing Happy Birthday to Grandma.  What a special moment!  They were so excited!  They asked me to go to the LR for a special surprise - Balloons!!!!  I loved sharing my 64th birthday with my family!  We were all packed, cars loaded, and everything back in its place in the Condo by the time the girls and their families left around 8.  Ken and I made a finish check to be sure nothing was left behind, returned the keys to the rental agency, and we were on our way home by 8:40.  We made several stops on our way home arriving at our apartment in Lititz at 1:30.  So nice to not have to hurry outside to mow and trim!


Happy Birthday to Grandma!

They were so happy and excited to sing to me!

The balloons were a nice surprise!



After unloading the car and unpacking everything, I decided to work on my computer while Ken took and nap.  He said I should choose what I would like to do this evening for my birthday.  So I called Fred and Doloris and asked if they would like to join us at The Deck in Ephrata around 5.  The 4 of us had such a good time sharing life and enjoying the "Crush" drinks and delicious food.  It was a gorgeous evening to eat outside.

We went back to their house to play our new game of Corn Hole (a gift for Ken and my b-days from Jamie and Dane) and then 1 game of Hause!  The men won Corn Hole but we won the game of cards on the last hand.  (We had been behind by about 15 points and they only needed 1 trick to win!)

It had been a long day and Ken and I were home and in bed by 10:15.  It was a great birthday with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment