Sunday, August 24, 2014

Martin's Left for Home!

What a beautiful weather day!  It was in the mid to upper 70's with a nice breeze and partial sunshine.  I actually thought it felt a bit cool at times!  What unbelievable weather for August!

Ken left Waldo at 6:30 to take a 1 1/4 hour walk around the CG.  I am still having some trouble with the muscle I pulled in my thigh/hip area, so I decided not to walk.  Actually, I was tired too!!!

Ken sunrise photo from the dock area beside our campsite!

He found this path for walking at the back of the campground!

Someone in the CG loves flamingos!


I was up and ready for the day when Ken returned at 7:45.  Martins were busy outside getting packed for their trip back home.  Ken and I ate breakfast outside and then chatted with Fred and Doloris.  We wished them a safe trip home and thanked them for a wonderful 4 days before heading to a church service here at the CG.  

We always have such a good time together!

Fred and Doloris were not ready to go home!!!!


By the time church was over, Martins had left.  We were sad to see them go and they were sad that their time here ended so quickly.  Ken and I changed and headed to the Pickleball courts.  Ken wanted to try so additional paddles that Pickleball Mike had For Sale and we were looking forward to playing some more games.  We are getting addicted to this sport!!  We played many games with our new camping friends and some folks we had never met before.  I felt comfortable with my new paddle, but unfortunately my game didn't improve as much or as quickly as I had hoped.  Maybe it isn't just the paddle!!!!!!  Ken found one he really liked, so now we both have our 1st decent pickleball paddles!  We left the courts around 12:45 tired, but happy!

This is Pickleball Mike!

Pickleball Mike and our new camping friend, Joyce!

This is today's pickleball  players!


After lunch Ken decided to "read" (take a nap) and I sat at the picnic table making jewelry.  I have a craft show in three weeks and need more inventory.  Ken offered to make our salads for dinner since I was working to "make us some money".  He also spent time reading some information on places we should be sure to see when we head out West in 2015.  Ken made salmon and a pork chop on the grill and after cleaning up we played 2 rounds of miniature golf on the course here in the CG.  It was just renovated this year and it is a fun little course.  Ken won the 1st 18 holes by 3 strokes, but I won the next round by 2.  Still made Ken the overall winner.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

What a great setting for making jewelry!

The 18 hole CG miniature golf course.  Challenging
and lots of fun!

The end of the day photo from the dock by our campsite.


We were back to Waldo by 8:15 and we discussed our fall camping plans for Florida.  It was so good to talk to Melissa Gregory, our camping friends from Tennessee, to try to coordinate our Florida camping schedules for October and November.  Ken and I are so excited to spend time camping with Chuck and Melissa again this year.  We talked about several possibilities, but will probably finalize most of the schedule after the Hershey RV Show.  Ken and I also talked about plans our snowbirding season for the winter of 2015.  We tentatively picked the weeks we will be in Florida, but again will wait until the Hershey Show to choose the actual campgrounds.

Ken was in bed reading by 9:45 while I showered and did some work on my computer.   

1 comment:

  1. We will be heading east in 2015, maybe our paths will cross again. We would love to get together with you and maybe play a little pickeball.

    ReplyDelete