Tuesday, December 9, 2014

This is a Dreary, Damp, and Cold Week!

Monday was a dreary day with cold temperatures and no sun.  I was up at 5:30 to go to Curves.  Can't believe our local Curves will be closing the end of January. I have been going there since the day it opened about 10 years ago and have made such incredible friendships.  There are 8 of us "gals", most of us not knowing each other before Curves, who meet there every Monday, Wed., and Friday at 6:30 to exercise and on Fridays we go out to breakfast.  We are trying to talk about options after this closes, but so far no decision has been made.  These friendships are so special and we want to make sure we continue meeting.  

I am very blessed that the lady who owns Curves asked if I would like to display and sell my jewelry at the facility during December.  What an opportunity.  So I spent about an hour setting up my display and am looking forward to seeing what happens.  

From there it was time to go to Wal-Mart for groceries.  I was back home by 9:30 and Ken had walked for 1 1/2 hours.  We both worked in the office - Ken on his computer doing "financial stuff" and continued loading photos and eventually, after much time and energy, actually got them ordered at Costco.  Hallelujah, since my computer was not being very cooperative!  Then the 2 of us took a walk around town, so Ken got plenty of steps today!

I made jewelry while watching The Voice - so much incredible talent this year.  I really don't have a favorite!  

Tuesday was a rainy, very cold and miserable day!  We spent the morning at home with Ken on his computer and I made more jewelry.  We had some errands to run in the afternoon - delivering a birthday card, Staples, stopping at the bank, Wal-Mart, and then the dreaded mammogram!

We met our Life Group at a Womens Shelter in our area that is strongly supported by our church.  Our Group had taken a meal there several months ago and ate with the girls.  Some very sad stories!  We got a tour of the facility, some information on what has been happening, etc.  Then the 6 of us went to a local restaurant for dinner, so it was another very enjoyable, fun time.

We spent the evening watching The Voice (Damian has now become my favorite) and he was left go!  So sad!  

No comments:

Post a Comment