Thursday, December 4, 2014

What a Busy Week!

Monday I went to Curves by 6:30 AM and when I got back home, Ken and I went for a long walk.  Then I spent a lot of the day preparing for ladies card club which was at our house.  Ken went to a movie while the 8 of us ladies played cards, returning just in time for dessert!

Tuesday we slept in and then headed to Lancaster to meet with our new financial advisor.  Alan, our advisor for the last 3 years or so moved his family back to Utah.  Ken and I enjoyed having the unlimited soup, salad and breadstick lunch at the Olive Garden before spenting the afternoon visiting with my sister and her husband.  We did a lot of talking about RVing and wondering why we are in this cold weather when it is so warm in Florida!  Of course we are both here to spend time with our families and enjoy the holidays with them, but it is way toooo cold!!  We played one game of Up the River and had a fun time.  They invited us for dinner, but the weather had deteriorated and they were predicting possible icy roads and fog.  So we left for home around 4:30.  Fortunately, the ice and fog never happened in our area!

Wednesday was an early morning trip to Curves and after breakfast, Ken and I took a long walk around Lititz.  It was a nice morning to be outdoors, cool but sunny! We left for Costco for just a few groceries, Ken to get his flu shot, and for a cheap but tasty lunch.   Then we went to AC Moore and Michaels so I could get some additional wire for my jewelry before heading to Masonic Homes to spend the afternoon visiting with my parents.  We played 4 games of Pinochle and the women won every game - go ladies!!!  We had a lot of fun.  I spent the evening making jewelry!

Thursday morning it was only 31 degrees, but we went for a long walk.  Missed wearing shorts and no jacket!  Ken made the necessary phone calls and signed a contract with Thousand Trails to have two zone passes for the next four years at only $425.00 per year for both zones - a good deal.  We have had a zone pass or 2 for the last four years and it has proven to pay for itself many times.  We use it so much every year.  So we took the plunge for the next four years with the guarantee that the rate would remain the same throughout those years.  I had an follow-up appointment with my urologist and he gave me a very good report - we just have to keep checking regularly so that the growths, if they return, are kept under control.  I will have another cystoscopy when I am home for Easter.  Later that afternoon Ken and I went to Jamie's house and walked with her and Cali to meet Bria at the bus stop.  We had a very nice visit with all of our special girls.  Ken made dinner while I continued to work on jewelry for my craft show on Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment