Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mild, but very Windy Day!

Friday evening was a beautiful night for cooking over the open fire, eating outdoors, playing cards and enjoying s'mores!  It was cool but clear and so many stars!

Today was another sunny one with temperatures around 80!  We played some shuffleboard after breakfast and the women were victorious!  Had to change a flat tire on my bike before heading to the Trolley Stop Ice Cream Place on the way to the beach, but it was closed.  How disappointing!  So we went to Stone Harbor and rode bike from there to Avalon.  Along the way someone called my name and it was Jay and Nancy Balmer walking near their home in Avalon.  What a surprise!  So good to see and talk to them.  Our ride back to Stone Harbor was a tough one - so windy.  It was tiring!


Note who is still eating here ice cream!  Do you think she
might have had the largest one?


Did get ice cream at Kohr Brothers at Stone Harbor!  We deserved it after the long, hard ride!  Did spend about an hour on the beach at Avalon, but you got so pelleted by sand that you felt like you will getting an abrasion treatment!

The surf was really rough today.  Sometimes it is not
even up to the fishing pier!


The seagulls don't seem too concerned about the
wild surf!!!


2 comments:

  1. My cone was not the largest one..I had the same size as Freddie...I just enjoyed it longer to "savor the flavor"! But it sure looks like I am not enjoying it..I will have to be careful when the sun is shining in my eyes to not look so serious. PS - We made our reservations for October! (Doloris)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting so anxious to get to the beach...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete