Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 49 - A Day to Relax:

Ken and I were awake at 7:15, but because we didn't have any schedule for today, we just laid in bed and watched the news.  We showered, had breakfast, and then I headed to the CG laundromat to do much needed laundry.  After putting it in the washer, I came back to Waldo and the 4 of us sat by the river enjoying our tea/coffee/chai.  Then I went back to the laundry and stayed until the clothes were day. 

 Ken, being the good guy, made salads for tonight and tomorrow night and packed sandwiches for lunch and when we travel tomorrow.  What a guy!  By noon the wash was finished, put away, and the bed remade.  Hallelujah!  Then it was time for lunch and Ken and I ate outside.  We did a little preparation for leaving tomorrow and by 3:30 the 4 of us met outside to sit at the picnic table under a shade tree and play 2 games of Pinochle and a game of Skip-Bo.  The women won all of them.  The men decided that is the last time they will play games outdoors with us.

We went inside to shower again (it was hot today), and get dinner ready.  But, I got a message from my sister (we do not have phone service) asking me to call her as soon as possible.  Also realized my Mother and Masonic Homes had tried to call, but could not get through.  So, Ken and I drove out of the CG till we could get cell phone reception.  I talked to both my sister and my mother. Masonic Homes sent him by ambulance (just a method of transport, not an emergency) to the hospital with a fever, shortness of breath, and a "rumple" in his chest.  They suspect he may have pneumonia. I will know more tomorrow morning.  It is unnerving when you are so far from home! 

Ken disconnected the sewer, water, and cable while I got our supper ready. (He had already made the salads).  Cleaned up and at 8 we went to Gregory's to play Skip-Bo, which the men won.  While there I got an e-mail from Cindy that Dad is intensive care because of his history and symptoms and on a pain reducer and IV antibiotics.  The Dr. told my mother that he should be okay in a few days when the medicine does its job.  Good news!  I will be in touch with them tomorrow.

We were back to Waldo by 9:10 and decided to go to bed.  Tomorrow will be a long day of driving doing about 320 miles to Death Valley, where it is 100 degrees!  We plan to get an early start to get some of the "elevation" driving done before it gets extremely hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment