Monday, June 29, 2015

A Nice Week in the Lititz Area!

It feels good to be back in Lititz and enjoying our families and the area. Whenever possible we eat all of our meals on our balcony.  Feels like vacation!! The only down side has been my back which has been sore ever since we returned and Ken who keeps having issues with his heel.  Could it be something about the area or is it that we will both turn 65 within the next three months? Medicare is right around the corner!  Hard for us to believe!

Monday I decided it was time to start doing the exercises I had gotten from a local chiropractor and to make it a goal to walk everyday.  Let the fun begin!!! Ken went for part of the walk, but his heel was just too sore.  We did stop part way through our trek to sit outside a local coffee shop and have a chai.  Did have a nice chat with Melissa and we talked about our fall camping schedules. We hope to spend a lot of it being together!   

On Tuesday, we took a walk and enjoyed breakfast on the balcony.  Then we headed to Root's Market where we bought lots of fruits and veggies at such reasonable prices.  After lunch I followed Ken and Waldo to Good's Glass Shop about 15 miles from our apartment.  Waldo will soon get a new windshield. I made some jewelry, finally, and Ken, as his request, made dinner.  What a guy! We had a relaxing evening.

Wednesday was a gorgeous less warm and humid day.  I had to go for a walk without Ken - his foot was just too sore.  After breakfast on the "veranda", I headed to Park City and Marshall's to do some clothing shopping.  Ken met me at lunchtime and then we went to a 2:00 appt. to discuss Medicare supplements.  I can't believe we are old enough to be talking about this.  

After exercises, a walk, and breakfast on the balcony on Thursday morning, I left to pick-up my mother at Masonic Homes and take her to the shops of her choice for the day.  It was nice to spend the day with her including sharing a good lunch.  I was home by 4.  Ken had an appointment with a podiatrist and he got a steroid shot in his heel.  Hopefully it will be better in a week or so.  He will go back in three weeks and possibly get one more shot!  He really misses being able to take walks.  That evening it started to rain, but swim meets are "on" unless there is thunder and lightning.  So, we spent 2 hours watching our little "guppies" swim.  They are doing so well and really enjoying it!

Friday I left home at 7 to have breakfast with my Planeteers friends.  We all went to Curves early mornings 3x per week, some of us for 10 years, and when they closed in our area, they joined Planet Fitness.  Hence, the new name!  Because of all the traveling Ken and I do, I decided not to join, but fortunately, they include me for Friday morning breakfasts when I am home.  I always have fun spending time with them.   When I got home, I went for my walk, stopping at a Re-use-it shop to see if they had anything of interest.  I left empty handed. We called Chuck to sing Happy Birthday!  He is such a "youngin".  Ken and I both spent the rest of the day at home with Ken working on the computer and I made some new types of earrings.  I wanted to make some homemade greeting cards, but got a bit frustrated trying to find patterned paper that matched.  I sold so much of my inventory of paper when we moved, so I decided to save that creativity until I get some new paper.  We spent the evening relaxing and I went to McDonald's to get us a hot fudge sundae.  We had done well with our eating all week, and decided it was time for a treat!!

Saturday was a very rainy day and of course, the perfect weather for another swim meet in the morning.  We were there to support Bria and Cali and I think we may have gotten as wet as they did!  It really poured!  We went home for lunch and then spent the afternoon playing Pinochle with my parents.  We always have a fun time when the men play against the women.  It was a victory for the women, but I am so thrilled that Dad is able to play just as well as he did before his critical illness.  We left there to have dinner with our couples card club and then an evening of card playing.  It was so good to see all of them again!  We only got home around midnight!

After church on Sunday, we went to breakfast with our small support group. Good to see them too!  The rest of the day was spent at home except for my walk.  I did make a list of planned meals and groceries needed for our camping trip this coming week with all the granddaughters.  We will be going to Circle M so they can enjoy the indoor waterpark.

Today we left early to get groceries at Wal-Mart on our way to pick up Waldo with his new windshield.  Hallelujah!  Good to have Waldo back home.  We loaded somethings and then I went to Costco while Ken had lunch with Kevin. Then we spent more time loading and doing some clean-up at the apartment. Ken made dinner (he wanted to) while I "played" and cleaned up my craft space.  We ate on the balcony and then I finally made a greeting card.  Spent the rest of the evening on this blog and watching American Ninja Warrior.  We both enjoy that show!

Tomorrow Ken and I will go to Circle M and get set-up before the little ladies arrive! It will be a wonderful time, but it will also be exhausting for Grandma and PaPa! 





1 comment: