Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 68 - We Arrived At Our Apartment in Lititz!

Well, today officially ended our western adventure.  We were up at 7 and by 8:30 Ken and I and Cindy and John were leaving Hershey Preserve to head to our homes.  It was only a 40 minutes drive, so I drove the car home instead of towing it behind Waldo.

We were home by 9:10 and the work began.  How quickly you can get back to reality.  We backed Waldo into the apartment parking lot and thus began the work of unloading.  Did we really have this much "stuff" with us for our trip out west?????  It is amazing how many trips you make when unloading.  We have gotten smarter and load the CRV with things and then drive up the parking lot and unload in front of our apartment.  We do live in a 2nd floor apartment, so it is a bit more tiring then just going right in the front door.  We had most everything inside before lunch and I also started doing laundry.  

After lunch, we drove to Costco to stock up on some food items.  When we returned I continued doing more laundry.  Ken stopped by the Post Office to have our mail delivery started.  Then we went to my friend Polly's house to drop off the bikes and the bike rack.  She is so kind and allows us to store them in her basement along with just a few other items.  Thanks so much, Polly!  When we returned we took the washed sheets and towels back to Waldo and I cleaned the refrigerator.  By now we were both so tired!  The last week has been rather crazy and I hope we can take it a bit slower tomorrow.  We shall see!!!!!

Ken, the great guy he is, offered to make salads and some pulled chicken sandwiches for dinner while I "caught up" on my blog.  I really appreciated his making dinner.  He cleaned up too!  He sure knows how to spoil me!

We spent the evening watching some TV and just relaxing.  

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had to cut your trip short. Hope your Dad gets well soon. I won't let Louise read your blog....lol She would want me to fix supper for her.

    ReplyDelete