Monday, June 8, 2015

Day 59 - A Relaxing Day at the Campground!

We had no big plans for today since we are departing this area tomorrow.  I only got up at 8 and that was probably the latest I stayed in bed since we left PA.  Ken an I started discussing if we should be heading home.  Since Saturday, my father has been regressing - shaky, talks very little and is somewhat confused, and is extremely weak.  He had been improving up until then, and they were also waiting for the results of some tests to see if the infections were under control and that they were using the proper antibiotics.  Test result showed that the infections were under control and that the antibiotics had done there job.  His Doctors are at a loss to know what caused the setback.

After talking to our daughters, my mother, and my sister, and Ken and I doing more talking, we decided we will start the journey back to PA tomorrow morning.  We even discussed my flying home and Ken driving back in Waldo alone, but I didn't feel good about that option.  2,500 miles is too long a drive for him to do by himself.,

After showers and a quick breakfast, Ken did some work on the computer while I did laundry.  When Chuck and Melissa got back from some shopping, we told them of our plans.  At 1 the 4 of us headed to Lupita Mexican Restaurant, a recommendation from the CG, and had a fabulous $5.00 luncheon special of a chicken enchilada, refried beans, and rice.  How do these places serve that much food for only $5.00???

When we returned, Ken and I went to Wal-Mart to stock-up on some food items that we will need while traveling.  Then the 4 of us sat outside reminiscing about our 2 month adventures we have shared and the memories we have created.  It was fun and sad to realize that tomorrow our time together for this trip will be done.  It has been incredible!  

I talked to our daughter, Jamie, for about 40 minutes, discussing my dad and her Pap and our plans to head home tomorrow.   I really appreciated her insights and concerns.  

While I talked to Jamie, Ken made our salads for dinner (what a guy) and the 4 of us ate together outside.  After doing the dishes, the 4 of us played Skip-Bo and Pinochle outside and the women won both games.  Sadly, we called it a night at 9:30 knowing that Ken and I wanted to get an early start tomorrow morning.  I know we are doing the right thing, but it is so hard to leave this area!  It has been an unbelievable trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment