Sunday, June 8, 2014

Martins Go Home Today!

We woke to another gorgeous, sunny, warm day!  Positively beautiful!  Had a light breakfast and got ready for another morning of Pickleball.  Did have some serious discussion regarding my parents and Ken and I planning to be away so much over the next year.  Usually my sister and her husband were around while we traveled, but now they have a motorhome and plan to be snowbirds in Jan., Feb., and March, as well as heading south in the fall.  I am thrilled for them, but it does complicate how our parents get the attention they need when we are all gone.  Mom doesn't drive anymore, so she can't go to the hospital when we are not around.  It is something we need to think about, but my dad would be the 1st to say that we can't put our lives on hold just in case something could happen to them.  He always says, "Do things while you can.  Life can change in a minute and you need to travel while you are able". Not sure what all that means, but we will figure it out!

We had a great time playing pickleball with about 10 other players.  What a special group of people.

Mom had left a message while we are playing.  They had moved dad to Intermediate Intensive Care with a severe infection that was on the verge of entering his bloodstream.  Not a good thing.  So, I talked with my mother and said I would leave the CG very soon to pick her up and take her to the hospital.  In the meantime, my sister called and we decided she would take her in and I would pick her up later in the day.  The doctor had called mom and told her that Dad's "numbers" were very slowly improving so it appeared that the antibiotics were doing their thing!  

Fred and Doloris left the CG around 1.  We had so much fun with them, playing games, riding bike, walking, sitting around the campfire, and enjoying meals together.  What special friends who really understand the love of RVing!

I tried numerous times to call my sister and my mother with no success.  So, Ken and I decided we should just head home so we would be available whenever we were needed.  Just when we were about to leave, I got a call from Mom - she was going to go home with Cindy so Dad could sleep and rest.  Ken and I still decided to go back home.  We were home and unloaded by 4:30.  There are so many boxes and stuff sitting around to get ready for the move and the garage sale, that it doesn't seem much like home.  The rest of this week will be busy with taking Mom back and forth to the hospital and continuing going thru things and packing.  I will be glad when this whole "moving thing" is over!

After working on my computer and Ken spending time at his desk doing paperwork and reading through the mail, we relaxed watching some TV.   It was the right thing to do to come home early, but right now Waldo seems like home!  Our time at Hershey was so much fun and we met so many special people through playing Pickleball.  RVers really are a friendly and happy group of people that we can relate to so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment