Friday, June 27, 2014

Summary of This Week - Crazy!!!!

Today is Sunday and it is the 1st time this week I am finding time to update my blog!  All went extremely well, but we are exhausted and looking forward to a more relaxing week starting tomorrow!  

Monday I did laundry for the last time at our house in Akron and Ken did the final clean up in the garage.  I finished packing most of the las minute things in the kitchen and bath and then scrubbed all the cupboards and cleaned the baths.  That was our day - last minute packing and cleaning and taking several loads of things to the new apartment.  But, we realized we could not take one more thing there until the movers had delivered our furniture - there was no place to put anything else until the furniture was in its proper place.

Tuesday morning was more of the same, plus loading up all the drawers from all of the furniture we were having moved.  Ken also took the bed and kitchen table apart.  Groff's Moving Company from Mt. Joy were there by 2:15 and had everything in the new apartment and in there proper place by 5:45.  They did a great job.  We would highly recommend them!  Then the fun began - trying to find a place for everything.  Ken went back to the house to bring 1 more load of "stuff" while I continue putting things away.  We went to get dinner around 8:45 and we were exhausted.  Spent out 1st night at our new location, but I think we were too tired to sleep well!

Wednesday my sister, Cindy, was here by 9 to help me unpack.  Jamie and girls arrived around 1 and helped too.  I really appreciated having all of their help!  We even hung pictures before they left.  Wow!  Ken had gone back to the house to finish the cleaning and pack up anything that was still there.  I was feeling so good about all we had accomplished until Ken returned with another car load.  Where did he find all that stuff?????  I was not ready to have more tubs to unpack.  But, by the time we went to bed that night, I had found a place for most of it.

Thursday morning was more of the same, but I spent the afternoon shopping for things like shower curtains, blinds, hooks, baskets for above the kitchen cabinets, and under the bed storage bins. In the evening we went back to our house in Akron for a walk through with the buyers.  I thought it would be an emotional time for me, but not at all.  I am already feeling like our apartment is home!  Only had dinner around 8:30.  Another exciting but tiring day!

Friday I went to Curves, the 1st time in a long time, and after breakfast with my Curvette friends, Ken and I took a car load of antique things to a local auction house to be sold at a later date.  At 11, we had settlement on our house.  We were "homeless" by 11:30!  More shopping in the afternoon and then to my sister's home to help her with her garage sale which was from 5 to 8.  I also took some things there to be sold - more things to "to get rid of".  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment