Sunday, December 27, 2015

Saturday and Sunday After Christmas!

We were up by 6:45 and my sinuses were full and I sounded terrible!  After showering I felt a bit better and decided to go on with the day as planned.

Neil and Nancy Savage, fellow campers, arrived here at 8:15 and we gave them a tour of our apartment.  Then the 4 of us drove to Knight and Day Diner to have breakfast and share what has been going on in our lives.  It was so good to spend time with them, for we hadn't seen them since this summer.

We parted ways at 10:15 and Ken and I went back to the apartment and packed up food for lunch at Masonic Homes with Mom, Dad, Cindy, and John.
Jamie, Dane and the girls were there to visit my parents when we arrived.  They had plans for lunch so they all sat with us while we ate the food we had brought with us.  It was nice to be able to have a private area at the home for us to have a meal together.  All of us had such a nice visit and good meal.

The ladies and little gals spent time working on a jigsaw puzzle while the men did some talking.  Ken and I had gotten Dad his Military Records mailed to him from the Archives and they were enjoying going through all of the papers and info.  Dad is so happy to have that information.

Jamie's family left at 1:15 and then John, Cindy, Mom, Dad, Ken and I played card games.  It was a fun afternoon, only leaving around 5:15.  My parents do very well for their age!

Bria and Cali with my Dad.....

and then with my Mother!

My mother and dad look great for 91 and 86.


By the time we got home I was tired and achy again, so I spent most of the evening playing games on the I-Pad.  I watched the Eagles lose and then slept on the couch so I would not breathe on Ken (after all, we are hoping he can have his colonoscopy on Thursday) nor keep him awake with my coughing!

Today, Sunday, we did not have a Church Service , but our small group decided to get together for breakfast.  I decided I should stay home and rest and also not be spreading this to other folks.  Ken left at 8:45 and I went back to bed and rested for another 2 hours.  Felt better when I got up and showered.  Ken returned at 11:15 after a fun filled breakfast with our church group.  I was sorry I wasn't part of it!  

I did some necessary things to get ready to leave for Florida like stopping the newspaper, making an extra night's reservation at Lazydays, and ordering some sun protective clothing while in the sunshine and on the beach.  I know I have to start taking better care of my skin if I want to avoid having more pre-cancer spots!  This getting old has its challenges!

Ken took a walk and then we watched the frustrating Steelers Game.  At halftime we both took a walk since it was almost 70 degrees and the sun was shining.

We watched more football and Ken made us supper.  What a guy!  I spent time working on this blog and trying to "catch up".

I planned to make some jewelry today, but I just didn't feel like it.  I don't get sick very often, but I certainly didn't feel very peppy today!  Hopefully tomorrow I will have a lot more energy!


No comments:

Post a Comment