Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Tuesday and Wednesday in Lititz!

Samantha and Katelyn were awake at 6:30, left the room to go to the bathroom, and then returned to their bed where the giggling and laughter began.  So much fun to just listen to them.  We had told them they had to stay in bed till 7, so as soon as 7 appeared on the clock, they were out of the room .

They played while watching The Lion King (I am really not sure that they saw very much of it!).  I made them pancakes and bacon for breakfast and PaPa got them fruit.  They were so good the entire time they were with us.

We drove them to Jamie's house to play with Bria and Cali until Lanie arrived to take them home!  While I was there, Jamie cut my hair and it certainly needed it.  I left there around 11 and drove to my friend Polly's house to pick up my Christmas containers.  We chatted for about 45 minutes and then I headed home.  By then I was feeling tired and draggy, probably having done too much yesterday.  I thought I had "turned the corner" but I felt worse again.  I did get all our Christmas decorations back in the storage bins and put all my normal decorations back in place!  

I had planned to go with Ken to a memorial service for the husband of Ken's former yoga teacher, but by 5:30 I was too tired and achy.  So, I stayed home and rested.  He returned at 8:30 and I was still resting.  So thankful I had decided not to go.

We were in bed by 10 - rather Ken was in bed.  I slept on the couch again!  His colonoscopy is scheduled for Thursday, and I don't want him getting sick!

Today I was up at 6 and at Bright's in Ephrata by 7 to have breakfast with my Curvette friends.  They were kind enough to let me chose the restaurant as this will be the last time I will be with them until Easter!  I miss this special group of friends and supporters when I am traveling!  I think just being with them helped me feel so much better today.

When I got home Ken was leaving for a walk.  Then we spent the morning running errands - Costco, Target, Dollar Tree, and the grocery store.  We returned home by lunch time, but since it was Ken's "prep day", he is not eating!  He loaded the Christmas storage bins (only 4 of them) in the CRV and drove them to our friend Jackie's house to store until next Christmas.  He also got the car washed for our trip to Florida!  

I spent the afternoon making jewelry which is something I haven't done for quite awhile.  I definitely was feeling better!  Ken worked at his desk and then took a nap, since he couldn't eat and he was getting hungry!

We spent the evening watching TV and I worked on the computer.  Ken spent some of his time in the bathroom!!!!  I did talk to my sister Cindy 2X today! They left at 3:30 this morning and drove to Cape LeJeune, NC to pick up their Motorhome, Harvey, that was stored there and then set it up on a campsite there before heading on to Florida in a few days.  The trip went well and Harvey was fine!

Ken was in bed by 10:30 and I was back on the couch!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment