Sunday, December 20, 2015

So Far This Month!!!!!

Well, it has been a long time again since I have posted, but the time in PA has certainly gone by quickly!

Ken and I must be getting old, because we have spent a lot of time with Dr. appointments.  I will give you just a brief summary of what has been going on -

I had my 1st dermatology appointment ever and all the spots I thought could be questionable were fine, but she didn't like the white line on my lip.  She did a scrapping for a biopsy and after 5 days it came back with cancer cells.  So, upon her advice, I scheduled an appointment with a facial surgeon for a Mohs procedure.  Ken and I went there last Wednesday for a consultation, and long story short, she couldn't get me in for the procedure until possibly the middle of January, but more likely, sometime in February.  Not good for our Florida schedule.  Fortunately she had a colleague in Florida (near where we would be staying) with great credentials and her scheduler placed a call to her on my behalf.  I now have the Mohs surgical procedure scheduled in her office in Estaro Bay for Friday, January 29. Ken and I were not impressed with the Dr. here, so we are happy to have the work done in Florida.

The day before that appointment I had my 1st colonoscopy - yippie! - and that went well.  I don't need to go back for 10 years, so maybe never!  We shall see. Ken has had a bad cold/sinus infection for the last 2 1/2 weeks and his appointment for a colonoscopy has been rescheduled 2x because of the cold.  He has an appointment now for New Year's Eve day (what a great time!), but his cold still has a lot of room for improvement if they will allow him to have it done!  I also had a dexiscan for my osteoporosis and since my bone density has improved with the medication I had taken for several years, I am off the medicine until I do another scan in 2 years.  That was good news!

In between all of these appointments we have spent time with family, friends, and our small church group.  We have enjoyed 3 different Christmas shows, watching our granddaughters at their swim meet ( at 6 and 8 they are really amazing little swimmers), and attending the Christmas show of our granddaughter, Katelyn, at her pre-school.  I also helped Jamie paint the trim in several areas of her house including the "dreaded" louvered closet doors.  It has been a special time.

The weather here, like in many parts of the country, has been unusually warm for this time year, but starting this week the cold weather has arrived.  They are predicting temperatures of around 60 degrees on Christmas day (crazy!) but we know those mild days are so temporary.  We will be ready to return to the warm Florida sunshine!

Looking forward to seeing all of our special friends that we get to see yearly in Florida.  We are hoping to leave on January 3rd or 4th if all goes according to plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment