Wednesday, October 17, 2018

So Far This Week

I have sort of decided that when we are home, I will only do short blogs because we aren't taking pictures and not as much happens that needs to be shared.  Sometimes I do these posts as a kind of diary for me so that when we are older we will have fun looking back on our lives.  I just hope we remember that it is us in the photos and the places WE have been!

Monday - Ken had breakfast with his friend, Gary, went to the movie, "Broken", and then visited a friend from High School who is paralyzed from a fall.  I spent almost the entire day with my mother (9:30 to 5:00) moving her summer clothes to bins to be stored and then putting her winter wardrobe in her closet.  We also cleaned out some of her drawers.  I took subs for lunch and dad joined us in Mom's room.  After lunch I took her to Dollar Tree and the grocery store for some items she needed.  We had a nice day and she was so appreciative for all the help.  Ken and I spent the evening reading and then watching The Voice.  He did some "catching up" on e-mails, texts, etc. while I crocheted.

Tuesday - Ken left early for a cardiology appointment (check-up, but he will have a stress test on Friday as a precaution), met another "buddy" for breakfast and then got an oil change and his car washed.   I spent my time making a double batch of oat bran muffins, since they are now a favorite of my mother too!  After cleaning up and doing some reading, Ken returned and then took the CRV to be washed.  Upon his return we had lunch.  I went shopping from 1 to 6, returning some items and then spending time at my favorite craft stores.  I picked up my Mexican dinner at Mo's and brought it home, because Ken had already left for Celebrate Recovery where he would have dinner.  I spent a lot of the evening decorating for Fall (I had bought a few items today) and then crocheted while watching The Voice.  Ken was home by 9:30 and was in bed by 10 to read.  I enjoyed my new favorite show, New Amsterdam, which is on too late for this gal.  So, I only got to bed at 11 and did some reading.

Today, Wednesday, Ken left at 6:45 for an appointment for a stomach ultrasound, which is a test they are doing on older men who have a history of smoking.  He was back home and eating breakfast when I got up, never realizing he was finished with the test!  He left for his volunteer work at MCC and after my breakfast, I had a wonderful conversation with my friend, Joyce, who is in Florida.  I miss Joyce and Rick since they moved to Florida.  After doing some reading, I spent some time on the computer and had another nice phone call with our daughter, Jamie.  Ken and I will get together with Lanie and Jamie on Monday to try to come up with a family trip for next summer to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.  I spent the morning doing some clean-up around the apartment, working on our blog, and reading.  Ken was home by 12:30 after a good morning of working at MCC.  He did get his finger pinched very badly and it bled a lot where it actually got sliced.  We put new bandaids on it and realized that a few stitches might have been a good idea, but it looks like it should be okay.  I spent the afternoon making cards and at 4:30 we went for about a 2 mile walk.  It was cool and very windy, but it actually felt good to be out.  Ken grilled for dinner and after cleaning up, we played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot and I have a substantial lead.  No TV after the Nightly News but time for reading.  I did talk to Mom and Cindy.  John and Cindy are in Memphis, TN until about the 27th, when they will head back home.  

Side Note - Ken got the results of his ultrasound and no problems at all - hallelujah!  I am scheduled to have a steroid injection in my back in about 1 1/2 weeks, that will be divided among 3 different locations, hoping to give me back pain relief.  That would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment