Friday, October 19, 2018

Thursday and Friday - Very Cold on Friday!

Thursday, Ken was up early and I was up in time to do some of my morning routine before we watched the morning news.  Ken had breakfast with one of his buddies from their Step Study to "catch up" on 2 of the classes he had missed while we were traveling.  I kept busy while he was gone and was just ready to start cardmaking when he returned around 10:15.  Instead we worked together making salads for tonight and tomorrow.  He read and I worked on this blog.

After lunch, Ken and I were on our way to Masonic Village to play Pinochle with my parents.  They were so happy to be able to play again, because they always miss our Thursday afternoon sessions when we are gone.  We began our time together by showing them a video of the inside and outside of Wilbur that Ken had taken, because Dad recently told John that he has never seen either of our motorhomes.  Ken did a great job with the video and I think Mom and Dad enjoyed getting to see how we travel.  As per mom's request, we also showed them photos of the huge mansions we toured at Newport, RI.  She found it fascinating!  Then the card playing began and the men won 2 of the 3 games which was disappointing for the women.  We always have a good time playing cards with them and they are so appreciative of our time together!

We were back home by 5:15 and enjoyed our salads for dinner.  After cleaning up, we played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot and I have a good lead.  I watched the NFL football game (Ken really doesn't have much interest) while doing some crocheting.  We were both in bed by 10.

Friday we were both up by 5:30 and I left to meet the Curvettes for breakfast by 6:30.  Ken had gone out earlier to "scrap" ice off both of our windshields - what is that about????  It is starting to feel like we soon should be heading to Florida!  This gal does not appreciate weather under 60 degrees!  I had a fun time with my lady friends and Polly bought each of us one Mega Ball and one Super Jackpot lottery tickets and 5 gold wrapped chocolate coins.  What fun!!!!  While I was at breakfast, Ken was having his echo stress test in Lancaster.  Both of us were a bit "anxious" to get the results.  His test went well and he was able to continue beyond what they needed.

Ken and I delivered Meals on Wheels from 10:30 to 11:30 and always feel so rewarded when we do that.  The recipients are always so grateful.  While doing our route, Ken got a call from the Cardiac Office that his stress test was fine and there were no problems -Hallelujah!!!  From there we went right to Costco to get a few items and return the boots I had bought without realizing I had the wrong size!  How does that happen????  Ken treated me to lunch at Costco, a soda and hot dog for $1.50 - what a guy!!!!!  We were back home by 1 and I spent the afternoon cleaning the apartment.  Ken did some reading and paid bills, etc. on the computer.  He also took a walk.

I spent some time card making and we had salads for dinner with sauteed onions, peppers, chicken, and corn.  Delicious!!!  We played 2 more rounds of Hand and Foot (started a new game because Ken declared me the winner from the unfinished last game!) and I did some x-stitching while Ken read and "caught up" on texts and e-mails.  

No comments:

Post a Comment