Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Monday and Tuesday - Finally Some Sunny, Milder Days!

We both did our morning routines and then Ken left to do part of his walk.  I got breakfast ready till he returned.  After breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen, I had time to do my devotions before we left to deliver for Meals on Wheels.

Ken and I both enjoy interacting with the people to whom we deliver and as per usual, they are extremely thankful for the service.  When we returned, Ken left to meet Kevin for lunch, his former partner during Ken's Real Estate days.  After their lunch, Ken did a bunch of errands - bank, Wal-Mart, checking on Wilbur, etc.  I spent that time talking with my sister and then had a lengthy conversation with Jamie.  The shooting that took place while they were in Pittsburgh was such a horrible thing and so tough for Cali to handle.  Her "worries" because of OCD just get so heightened during such a traumatic event.  Also, she is in the process of being "weaned" off her current medication that caused too many side effects and has to wait to start on a new one.  That has increased her anxiety and takes a toll on the whole family.  We feel so badly for what goes on in Cali's little head and the many worries she feels each and every day!  It is also very difficult for all the family members!

When Ken returned, we went for a walk through downtown Lititz and then Ken grilled for dinner after we had made salads.  It was another night for playing 2 rounds of Hand and Foot, and even though he has a substantial lead again, I think I may be able to pull off a victory!  Ken read while I watched The Voice and crocheted.  We were in bed by 10:15.

Tomorrow morning I get injections in my back and although I am a bit apprehensive, I am being optimistic that they will help my back pain, because my hip is definitely better.  I guess time will tell!!!!

Today, Tuesday, was another cold start to the day, but then it was very sunny with temperatures in the 50's.  We were up early and Ken was able to complete his morning routine.  I only had time to get ready for my 8 AM injection appointment.  I had to take a "happy" pill to help me relax around 7 and it did it's job.  I was fairly "relaxed" when we left!

All went well at the appointment and during the procedure, as they placed the steroid in 3 different areas of my back.  When he "shot" the last spot, it felt like he hit a nerve (only lasted a few seconds) and my leg raised off the table 2X's of which I had no control.  It was strange!  For being such a good girl, Ken bought my a Pumpkin Spice Latte on the way home!  What a guy!

I guess that little pill I took ahead of time was working, because I felt tired and decided to go to bed to rest and I slept from 9:45 to 12:15 - wow!  I am not experiencing any pain from the procedure but I am supposed to "lay low" today and not do any stretches or exercises for the next 4 days - how disappointing!!!  So I spent the majority of my day crocheting and x-stitching on the sofa.  What a life!!  Starting tomorrow I can walk no further than a mile until Saturday. It can take from 3 days to 2 weeks to know if these injections were helpful.  I guess time will tell! 

Ken did some work at his desk and took a long walk.  He went to Celebrate Recovery, leaving at 6 and returning around 9:30.  I had a 2 nice phone conversations, one with my sister during which we made plans for a celebration for Mom's birthday on Monday.  I also talked to Jackie and we made plans to get together Saturday evening for pizza and cards.  Looking forward to both events.  I had a quiet evening while watching The Voice and New Amsterdam.  

No comments:

Post a Comment