Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Tuesday - Another Very Rainy Day! Imagine That!!!!

Well, guess what we woke to during the night and again this morning?  You are right, rain!!!!  We are just thankful we had numerous good weather days while in this area!  Ken and I have been reminded how much we enjoy being in Maine and especially the Ogunquit and Kennebunk area.  There is so much to see and we just enjoy the natural beauty.  We think this should probably be an annual destination!

Ken got his reading done early and I surprised him by getting up around 5:45, fairly early for this gal!  It was a nice leisure morning getting ready having time to do my devotions and work on the blog.

We left the CG at 7:45 and drove to Biddeford to met Barb and Ray, a couple we had met at Royal Coachman Camping Resort in Florida probably about 7 years ago.  They live near Saco, Maine and after contacting them, we decided to meet for breakfast today at All Day Breakfast.  It was so wonderful to spend time with them catching up on life and just enjoying each others company.  The food was fantastic as well as the service.

Love spending time with these fun loving folks!
We left there around 10:15, promising to get together in Florida this winter and have a meal at Farlow's on the Water.  From there Ken and I went to Market Basket to check out that grocery store that Pat had recommended.  It was within a mile of the restaurant and such a nice store.  I talked to Cindy on the way back to the CG and they are on the way to Jekyll Island in their new motorhome.  They think all the necessary "fixes" that were needed were found and repaired before leaving.  They will spend about 2 weeks on Jekyll and then head to Louisiana where they will leave "Barbie" until they return after Christmas and drive on to Texas where they will spend the winter.

Upon our return to the CG, it had stopped raining for a bit so Ken did work outside to get ready for our departure tomorrow.  How could we have been here a week???  Those days just "flew by"!  I did some traveling preparation inside and we ate lunch.  Ken and I played a game of Hand and Foot (4 rounds) and we were only 130 points apart going into the 4th round, but Ken won that round big time!  He rested while I did some rock painting.  

We made salads for tonight and tomorrow and I sauteed onions and peppers for our turkey sausage!  After dinner, we played another 2 rounds of Hand and Foot and I have a sizable lead!  I had a nice phone conversation with Ken's sister, Priscilla, who had breast surgery today.  She is back home and doing well, but we have to wait until Friday for the biopsy report.  We are praying that the news will be good!

I worked on this blog while watching The Voice.  I watched This is Us, but I really don't know what is going on because I only saw it about 3X before.  That was followed by New Amsterdam, which had its pilot last week and I really enjoyed it and think it will be a great show!  

It has rained steadily since about 2 this afternoon and it has been fairly heavy a lot of that time.  It is definitely time for some warmer, bright sunny days!  

Cape Cod, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment