Sunday, October 7, 2018

Sunday - Predicted Sunny Day is Mostly Cloudy!

We had a very leisure morning doing our regular routines.  We did enjoy an omelet breakfast and lots of fresh fruit.  After showering and cleaning up, Ken went outside to start putting things away and emptying the tanks for our departure tomorrow.  I did the same inside.  I called Sue, Jamie's mother-in-law, to see how she is doing following rotator cuff surgery last Tuesday.  Her pain is a bit less each day, but she has trouble sleeping on their recliner.  Also, she is always one busy lady, so being house bound is difficult.  All in all, I think she is doing well!  Like she said - she needs patience and she needs it now!!!

We packed a few drinks and snacks and by 11:30 we were on our way to 2 local craft shows in the area.  The 1st one was a lot larger than the 2nd with food stands, rides, and even a parade.  I must say that the parades we have in Lancaster County are amazing compared to this one!

There were lots of folks along the route enjoying
the parade!

In Lancaster County we would have tractors instead of boats!



I passed by most of the vendors rather quickly, but there was one where a mother and daughter made beautiful wreaths, trees and ornaments mostly out of mussel shells.  When mussel shells are cleaned and varnished they are a beautiful shade of purple and pure white.  I bought a small wreath and an angel ornament with the hopes of finding those shells and maybe duplicating the 2 items, but only for giving away or enjoying myself.  These ladies did a wonderful job making their creations.

Wasn't very crowded during the parade!

Felt like we were in Lanc. County!  Ken was
tempted, but he walked on by!

An advertisement for L.L. Bean!

An oil truck made into a food truck.  The kitchen is
up above!

I love my wreath and angel made from mussel shells!


The 2nd show was very small and I really didn't see anything that "caught my eye"!  Ken walked around the Drummer Boy Park and enjoyed seeing the windmill and old buildings.  Unfortunately, none of them were open for touring.





Ken took these inside pictures through the windows!



When we got back in the car Ken and I mutually agreed that we should go on a "mission" to find mussel shells here on the Cape.  We only drove about 20 minutes to Harbor Side Beach where we found quite a few of them - bingo! 




We decided to try one more neighboring beach, Corporation Beach, but it was more of a rocky beach.  Ken rounded a corner (I didn't follow) and he came back with lots of mussel shells.  Mission accomplished!



Quite a find for our first hunt!!!!  Now I just have to figure
out what to do with them!!!

We were back to Wilbur around 5 and Ken did some organizing in the CRV while I rinsed the shells and then we worked together to make salads for tonight and tomorrow.  We did have a chance to meet our new neighbors who came in today in an Airstream!  How about that, Barry and Deb!  They are an extremely nice couple but we won't have a chance to really get to know them because we are leaving tomorrow morning.  We only have about a 2 hour drive to Newport, RI so we won't be in a big hurry to leave - probably around 9.

After dinner, we played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot and I am ahead about 1200 points!  Don't let Ken know I told you, but I think he is getting a bit frustrated!  Maybe I have to start letting him win - NOT!

I downloaded pictures and worked on this blog while Ken did some text messages and checked Facebook.  Being the good guy he is, he vacuumed while I finished this blog!

Last night I did not sleep very well (I think I had too much caffeine too late in the day), so by 9 I was ready for bed.  I can't believe our time in Cape Cod has gone by so quickly.  We certainly kept busy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment