Sunday, October 21, 2018

The Weekend - Cold and Windy!

Ken and I woke with thankful hearts for Ken's good test results this week - the ultrasound for a stomach aneurysm and his normal stress test!  After a cooked breakfast, we got ready to go to Lanie and Bob's. 

We left a 10 and went to their house to visit where the girls were happy to show us numerous things in their rooms and share what is happening at school.  After eating pizza we all drove together to Katelyn's 12:45 soccer game, about 25 minutes away.  It was a partly sunny day with temperatures in the low 60's and very breezy, but we had enough layers to stay warm.  Katelyn has improved a lot since last year and really does a great job!  She is such a fast runner and had fairly good ball control!  It was fun to watch.  



What is happening????  I am right here waiting for the ball!

This is more like it!!!


After the game, we went back to their house and visited with Lanie and Bob, leaving around 3 to head home.  We stopped at Wal-Mart where Ken slept in the car while I shopped.  Ken went for a walk, but I decided I needed to give my back a rest.  He vacuumed the apartment when he got back from his walk. 


Some people really enjoy
decorating for Halloween!


I watched the Penn State game (they were lucky to win) and then got very involved in the Purdue/Ohio State game.  What a game.  I did some more x-stitching and crocheting while watching.  Ken spent more time reading and sending messages to friends.  He went to bed by 9:45 but I was too involved in the game.  At 10:15 I decided I was extremely tired and had to go to bed, but with only 10 more minutes in the game, it was a tough decision.  I did do a little reading in bed, but it was lights out by 10:45.

Today, Sunday, was another cold, very windy, and partly sunny day.  It only got into the upper 40's and with the wind, it was extremely cold.  We went to church and boy, we had one terrific service!  The music and sermon were exceptional.  Jamie's family were at a swim meet, so we left immediately after church and made a special trip to Costco.  When I put on my new boots this morning, neither Ken nor I could get the zipper to work - what a disappointment and I wanted to wear them this afternoon.  So we went to Costco to return them.  

When we got home, I worked on this blog watching the Eagle's game while Ken wrote a letter to one of his Celebrate Recovery friends who is in prison.  We left at 2:45 to go to Ken's mentor's home for a gathering of friends for a black kettle chili picnic.  We took along plenty of layers of clothes because it was windy and only in the 40's, not exactly picnic weather.  They provided the chili, drinks, hot dogs, and a delicious chocolate cake and the rest of us brought snacks, desserts, or salads.  There was plenty of delicious food and the chili was exceptional.  It was cooked in the "witch's" black cauldron over a wood fire and stirred with a large wooden paddle.  We also sat around a campfire, so we were able to keep warm.  We had a very nice time and returned to the apartment by 6.

I spent the evening x-stitching and crocheting and watching more football.  Ken worked at his desk and did some reading.  We were in bed by 10:30 after a very nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment