Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Uneventful Day! Hallelujah!

Yesterday we moved to our final 2 week location here in Florida.  We are now at Winter Quarters Manatee in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.   It is another Encore Park and rather picturesque.  Only downside is being very close to I 75.  It is an active park with many activities available.


New Campground Site

We were able to get out of our campsite at Royal Coachman without any difficulty.  Ken did a great job!!!  The truck seemed to run well also.  The campsite we have at Bradenton is nice and Ken did a great job backing into it.  Set-up went well and we are happy to be situated for the next 2 weeks.



Yesterday was a rather cloudy day, perfect for being on the move.  Once we were set-up, I finally got one of my wishes for this trip fulfilled - lunch at Sonny's Barbeque.  Just love their pulled pork sandwiches.  We were there at least 2 times last year, and I was so ready to return.  It was as good as I remembered.

We took it rather easy yesterday.  I won our pinochle game but was severly beaten by Ken in 4 games of shuffleboard.  I was determined to keep playing until I won, but after 4 games we were running out of time!  Ken said enough is enough!  Oh well, I will get him later!!!!!

Today my sister and her husband fly into the Sarasota airport at 12:45 and will be here until next Tuesday morning.  They will be staying about 1 1/2 miles from us at a Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to being their chauffers and tour guides for the next week.  I know we will have a great time.


View from the table in Willie!!!

Shows the lake in the Campground
How about American Idol?  There are so many great singers this year and I thought at least 9 of the men were exceptional.  Hopefully the ladies will be just as good tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment