Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Colder Day Following a Night of Rain!

Ken and I didn't get up until 8:30, because we thought playing pickleball this morning would not be a possibility due to all the rain!  Wrong!  When Ken opened the door to see how cold it was around 9, the pickleball players were already on the court!  So, we quickly to the courts and it was amazing, but they were dry.  It was only 56 degrees and the high was to go to about 60.  Quite abit cooler than all of the time we have been in Florida!  We had a good time playing, but it was cool and breezy!  Made playing a little tough!  We were back to Waldo by 10:45.

We had some hot tea and then Ken started getting "stuff" out of our CRV and the basement of Waldo to do some reorganizing before we head home.  It was the perfect day to start the process, since it was cool and cloudy!  I started packing up things inside that we need to take back home with us.  Ken did a great job of finding space in the basement of Waldo for all the things that need to stay here for our return in !!January.  My jewelry "stuff" will require a lot of the room in the CRV, since I will be doing some craft shows in December near home. 

After lunch, I left to do some shopping at Michael's Craft Store and then at a Bealls Outlet.  I was gone for about 3 1/2 hours and had a fun time!  Ken enjoyed himself reading, taking a nap, and cleaning up the inside of Waldo. 

I returned around 5 and we left to go to one of my favorite places for dinner - Sonny's Barbeque (Ken really likes it too, but he has trouble admitting it!).  We did check out our route when we leave here on Friday morning to head to Lazydays near Tampa.  It will be an easy trip.  Sonny's was as good as usual and we were back to Waldo by 7.  Did talk to my sister and to Melissa, who saw a orthopedist yesterday.  After some x-rays, they found she has a pulled muscle that will require some physical therapy.  She started the therapy today and should be ready to play pickleball again in about a month.  Glad it is something that can be healed so quickly and without any major procedure!

Ken and I watched some TV, including The Voice, and I worked on some jewelry.  Got some new beads today that I was anxious to incorporate into my pendants and earrings.  Bed by 10.

Can't believe it is time to start thinking about going back home!  Where has the time gone???????  Anxious to see family and friends, but not ready for the really cold PA weather!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment