Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Another Beautiful Weather Day in Florida!

Last night was another "itchy" night for me.  It can just about drive you crazy.  Took quite awhile to fall asleep, but then I did fairly well.  Ken had a restless night, probably due to the prednisone he is taking for 5 days. 

After making omelettes for breakfast we headed to the pickleball courts.  We were told that people would be meeting there around 9 to play.  8 of us played for about 2 hours, switching partners every game.  Playing with people who have been pickleball players for a long time is definitely a way to improve your game.  We have a way to go to be strong players, but we were able to hold our own fairly well.  But, there is definite room for improvement and lots of it!

We planned to do some laundry, but the CG ran out of propane for the dryers and they won't get any until after 4 today.  So we were back to Waldo a little after 11 and I started working on my blog.  Ken did some reading outside.  It was near 80 with plenty of sunshine!

Jamie called and I had a great time talking to her.  She and Dane are leaving tomorrow evening for 6 days in the Bahamas with their neighbors and good friends, Matt and Nicole.  The 4 of them will have a wonderful time!

After lunch, Ken and I took a walk around the CG.  After showers, Ken decided to make some phone calls, work on his computer, and then take a nap.  I did something I haven't done since coming to Florida - I went shopping to Bealls Outlet and Dollar Tree.  Exciting, huh!!!!

Got back around 5 and we enjoyed sitting outside chatting and then talking to a neighboring camper.  We had a "easy" dinner of leftovers with salad and then spent the evening watching The Voice while Ken was on his computer and I made some jewelry.

It was a fairly low key day!  Can't believe we only have 1 more full day at Peace River.  Then it is on to Harbor Lakes near Port Charlotte for 1 week before heading back to Cold PA!

No comments:

Post a Comment