Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Our First Full Day At Peace River!

I really had a tough night of trying to sleep.  The fire ant bites I got were sooooo itchy and kept me awake.  Nothing seemed to help.  Those little pesty critters can certainly cause havoc!!!

Can't believe that such little bites can cause so much itching!

Ken was up by 6:30 and did a lot of reading.  I finally got out of bed around 8:45.  We made a cooked breakfast and then decided to head to the Pickleball Courts to do some practice hitting.  After volleying back and forth for about 30 minutes a couple on a site near the courts asked if we wanted to play some games - YES!  So we played about 3 or 4 games, switching partners after each one.  They stretched Ken and my playing abilities, which was very good.  We had a lot of fun.  Met 2 gentleman that we played pickleball with before on our previous camping trips - Travis from Hershey Preserve and Art from Moody Beach CG.  It is a small world!

This is a fairly nice CG with nice amenities, but there is very little to do in the area.  It is located along the Peace River, but I am not willing to do much walking near that area, since they have signed posted to watch out for snakes.  I am not a fan of those creatures!

You don't have to tell me a 2nd time!  I will stay away!

Peace River looks beautiful except for those snakes.
Did I tell you I hate snakes????

A view down one of the roads in the campground!
The trees and Spanish moss are beautiful!
  
We only got back to Waldo around 1:45 and made lunch.  I did some reading outside, and then we both decided to take about an hour rest/nap.  Ken showered and then went to Winn Dixie to get some salad.  I showered and started dinner while he was gone.  After dinner, we watched TV and Ken recorded all of our camping nights for 2014.  Counting next week, we will have slept in Waldo 168 nights!  Wow, almost half of the year.   We certainly enjoy this lifestyle!

We did some organizing in Waldo and amazingly, we found the hair clipper that has been missing!  Ken had decided to get a haircut tomorrow, since we hadn't been able to find them and figured we left them at home.  So, I gave hime a much needed haircut.  We watched The Voice and I organized the photos on my computer and made some jewelry. 

My feet were still so itchy, but hopefully that will soon get better.  Fortunately Ken has no future problems from his incest bite/sting.  The hives are gone and no more itching for him!  We are thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment