Thursday, November 20, 2014

Our Last Full Day in Florida!

Ken and I were up b 7:30 and got ready to play pickleball.  Doloris called me from PA to wish us safe travels home and to see what we have been up to!  So good to hear from her and looking forward to seeing Fred and her very soon!  We miss playing cards with them and just "hanging out"!

Ken headed to the pickleball court while I was talking to Doloris and I joined all the men around 9:20.  I appreciate that they have been so willing to let me participate.  I have been the only woman all week, but I have had a blast and I think they appreciated having me around - at least I'd like to believe that!!!!  We only got back to Waldo around 11:45.  Amazing how your whole morning can race by when you are having so much fun!

Then the real work began!  Amazing how long it takes (even when you start days before) to get ready to go back home and leave your Motorhome in Florida!  You have to make lots of decisions about what stays and what goes.  Plus there is laundry, cleaning, and scrubbing both inside and out.  Are you feeling "sorry" for us yet????  I wouldn't either.  These 6 1/2 weeks have been incredible and we just hate to see them end.  Spending so much time with Chuck and Melissa was absolutely wonderful and all the pickleball playing added a new dimension to our time in Florida!  We are so anxious to see family and friends, but the cold weather is not on our list of things to look forward to! 

While our clothes were washing, Ken and I did take time to play a very long game of shuffleboard.  Ken played extremely well and beat me "big time"!  If 10 off would make you a winner, I would have won very quickly!

After dinner, we started defrosting and cleaning the refrigerator.  We are impressed at how well we did emptying the frig and freeze.  There was hardly anything to get rid of!  Pretty good planning on our part!

We will relax watching some TV tonight and then get up around 6:30 to be on our way to Lazydays near Tampa by 10:30.  Then we will start heading up Interstate 95 hoping to be in PA sometime Saturday evening!  It will be different just driving the CRV ad not driving Waldo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment