Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Great Thanksgiving Day!

Ken and I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you had many, many blessings throughout the past year.  We had such a wonderful time with our daughter, her family, and her in-laws, Sue and Dan.  We arrived at their house around 10 and were there til 6.  Jamie is the most gracious and relaxed hostess and Dane does a good job of helping where needed!  When we arrived she had hordeorves ready and waiting and a bucket filled with ice and all kinds of special drinks.  She also had the dinner under control!

Such a nice presentation of "snacks and drinks" before dinner!

The 3 men went outside around 11:30 and started heating the oil so they could cook the turkey in the deep fryer.  I think they enjoy being around the fire they started in the fire ring and drinking beer while "watching" the bird cook away!  It was only in the low 30's and breezy, but they were dressed for it!   I must say they had it all under control, for this was the best deep fried turkey we ever had!  It was golden brown and so moist - delicious.  I had made potato filling, Sue brought a delicious broccoli cassorole and cranberry relish, and Jamie made oven "fried" potatoes, fresh green beans, and corn muffins.  Dessert was a scumptious pecan pie.  The large hollow chocolate turkey was an added bonus!!!!

The Happy Cookers!

The perfect "Bird"!


This homemade dark chocolate turkey was delicious!

Bria and Cali wanted to try this before lunch, but they
settled for some of the candy corn and non-pariels!

The Happy Family!

Time to make a wish!!
Bria and Cali loved making a wish when they pulled the wishbone and at dinner sharing what they were thankful for - family, God Jesus, houses, and Thanksgiving!  We did some bowling on their Wii games and had a good time!

When Ken and I returned home, I spent the evening decorating our apartment for Christmas.  I only had 4 tubs of decorations, a huge reduction from the inventory of previous years!  I had really downsized when we moved to this apartment.  I actually found a place for everything I had saved, but I must admit that this was the 1st time I felt a bit sad when I thought about several of the special decorations I had sold or given away when we moved.  The feeling didn't last long, but I did do some "reflecting"!

This was a special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment