Saturday, November 15, 2014

More Pickleball Fun!

Ken was up abit earlier than me, but we both had a good night's sleep.  We got ready, ate breakfast, and headed to the pickleball court by 9.  Again there were more Canadians than Americans, but their enthusiasm for the game is contagious.  We had so much fun and played more games than we should have for Ken's knees and my back, but we just couldn't quit!  We only left the courts at 11:45.

It was already in the upper 70's, but a breeze had accelerated the longer we played.  After we got back, Ken had a nice long talk with Kevin and I did some work on my computer.  Showers felt terrific and then it was time for lunch!  I also had another nice talk with my friend, Nancy Savage!  

Ken put some of our things away that were outside, for they are predicted alot of rain today starting later afternoon.  We decided to walk to the shuffleboard courts for some "Competitive Games".  On the way we stopped to talk to Jeff and Carol, seasonal campers from New Hampshire that we met on the pickleball courts just this morning.  They are familiar with shuffleboard, but have only played a couple of times.  We invitied them to join us, but they wanted to shower first.  So Ken and I played a long game until they arrived and he won, but barely!  We played 1 1/2 games with them before it started to rain right around 3:45.  We had to stop the game and head back to our homes.  80% of the people in this CG are French Canadians, so it was nice to actually be able to communicate with a couple.  Looking forward to being with them again.

Ken took a much needed nap after all of his short nights!  I did some work and play on my computer.  We had a light dinner, cleaned up, and then I worked on jewelry while watching The Voice.  We were in bed by 10.  Another nice, relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment