Friday, December 2, 2016

1st Two Days at Home Have Been Rather Busy, but Good!

Yesterday, Thursday, was a busy one!  We were up early and I went for a lab test that was needed before my cystoscopy the middle of this month.  Picked up Ken and drove him to Ephrata to have breakfast with his friend, Gary.  I did some errands and then stopped at Jackie's to visit and pick up my Christmas decorations which she graciously stores for us.  I only have about 4 tubs of decorations, a small amount considering how many I had before we moved to this apartment!

I picked up Ken around 10:30 and we drove back home.  Ken went for some groceries, flowers for my mother, and Wilbur chocolates for my dad.  I got my jewelry "stuff" together for a craft show that we have on Saturday and realized that I didn't have as much inventory as I usually take when doing a show.   I also knew that I wouldn't have much time to make more earrings and pendants before Saturday.

After lunch, we left to spend the afternoon visiting and playing cards with my parents.  We stopped to get drinks for all of us.  We were so happy to see each other and had a fun afternoon playing Pinochle, except the men won both very close games!

We left there around 4:30 and on the way home stopped at a local restaurant for dinner.  We discussed Saturday's craft show and decided life would be a lot less complicated if we wouldn't do it!  Not an easy decision to make, because I always like to fulfill my commitments, but in this case both of us knew it was the right thing to do.  We will just have to do some extra ones in Florida!

I did a lot of my Christmas decorating while watching some TV.  Did talk to Lanie and she had a bad headache again today.  She realizes she is going to have to take it easy longer than she thought.

Today, Friday, I left at 6:30 to meet my Curvette ladies for breakfast.  It was so good to see them again.  After a fun breakfast, I did a few errands, getting home around 9:45. Ken had spent the morning at his desk going through our mail, paying bills, and checking accounts.   I spent time working on jewelry today even though we aren't doing the show because I need to increase my inventory for Florida.  Ken and I also worked together to set up the display of my handpainted Christmas Village.

Ken took a much needed nap this afternoon while I did more jewelry.  Had a nice long chat with Jamie and she invited us for dinner.   Ken and I visited with Bob and Ginny who live in our apartment building thanked her for bringing in the local newspaper that is delivered to our apartment every week while we are traveling.

We got to Jamie's house at 5 and had a delightful time visiting with her family. So good to see all of them again.  We had a delicious dinner and a great time of fellowship.  We so appreciate their hospitality.

We were home by 9, watched some football, recorded our expenses, and worked on this blog.

Did talk to Noela today and they are spending the night in PA near Harrisburg. They plan to be back home in Canada tomorrow.

I am so thankful that we are not getting up at the "crack of dawn" tomorrow morning to go to a craft show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment