Thursday, November 1, 2018

Wednesday and Thursday - Nice Sunny Days!

Both of us had a good night's sleep which was surprising for me considering that I had such a long nap yesterday.  Ken did his morning routine, we watched some of the morning news, and then we worked together making breakfast.  Ken left at 8 for his volunteer work at MCC.

After he left, I cleaned-up, got ready for the day, did my devotions, and then worked on our blog.  We have many friends with birthdays in November, so I spent time at my desk making cards.

Ken only returned at 1:45 after stopping by Jamie's to have some dad/daughter time.  I had talked to Jamie earlier after she had Cali to her Dr. regarding her medication for OCD.  Again, the insurance company denied paying for the medicine that the Dr. thought she needed.  He said he would write a letter to them giving definitely reasons why he felt this was the right one for her.  By late afternoon the insurance company reversed their decision and Cali can hopefully get the medication that will work for her.

When Ken returned, we ate lunch and then went for about a mile walk around Lititz, because it was a gorgeous sunny day and 70 degrees.  Wow, and this is the last day of October.

We made salads and grilled onions, peppers and leftover chicken on top of them - so good!  We finished the game of Hand and Foot we had started the other night where Ken was winning by 1400 pts.  Would you believe it, I ended up winning!  I did some crocheting, Ken read and we listened to music before going to bed around 9:30.

Today, Thursday, was another gorgeous one with off and on sun but temperatures again in the 70's and this is the 1st day of November!  Ken left to have breakfast with his friend, Gary, while I did some wash, got ready, and did some clean-up.  I also had a nice conversation with Noela and she and Ernie are now in Louisiana.  They are having a great time and we are looking forward to being with them in about 3 weeks in Florida.

When Ken returned, we went for a walk around town and after I did about a mile, Ken continued his walk.  I am only supposed to go about 1 mile until Saturday, which will be 4 days after my back shots.  

I had a little trouble keeping calm today knowing that at 2:00 I had my cystoscopic appointment.  Hard to imagine but a year has passed since I had some spots removed.  The Dr. has now decided that if I have some growths that are small he would rather remove them when doing the procedure instead of having me return and go through actual surgery, which I thought was a great idea.  But, it did add some anxiety for me since I never had spots removed when awake.  But, hallelujah, there were none to be removed!  That is probably a 1st for the last several years!  I do not have to return until next November and I am so thankful.  It is about time I stop "growing" those little pesty things!

After the procedure (I was only there about 45 minutes), Ken and I went to Costco to pick-up my contacts and to order a cake for mom's birthday.  Back home by 4 and I worked on this blog while Ken did some reading.  I  sent messages to family and friends who wanted to know what happened at today's appointment and also talked to my mother.

After dinner, we played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot and Ken and I are about 500 points apart, with Ken having the lead.  That will change!!!!!  I had a nice phone chat with Lanie and then crocheted while watching Gray's Anatomy.  Ken did some reading and "catching up" on messages and e-mails.  We were in bed by 9:30 to do some reading.

I felt such relief after walking out of the Physician's Surgical Center today and I wish I could learn from these experiences that being anxious before the appointment benefits no one!  My mind knows that I can't change the outcome (it is what is is!) so why not learn to relax and Let God!  It is definitely a work in progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment