Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Monday - Another Hot, Humid Day, but So Nice!

Ken was up about 2 hours before me and did his reading and devotions sitting in the screened in porch.   I have been having rather restless nights due to some leg pain from my scoliosis - not fun!  I definitely need to see the pain management Dr. when I return to PA.  He did wake me when he came to the BR to get the camera, for while reading, he saw the "resident alligator" in the small canal behind our property.  He was so excited.  We weren't sure there would be any in that area, but now we know!!!!


I think we will name him "Wilbur"!!!!!

He's a large one!



After breakfast, Ken decided to take a long walk while I got ready and did some laundry (the new towels I had bought!).  He stopped to talk with our homeowners insurance agent to make sure we had what we needed.  Upon his return, we ate lunch and then Ken, being such a good sport, went with me to return the towels I had just washed for one of them came apart in the wash (the side hem frayed apart!)  Then he stayed in the car while I went into Wal-Mart to return some unneeded items and buy some spray paint for the wicker headboards we had bought at the Thrift Store.

When we got back we began the process of spraying the headboards, but ran out of paint.  So again, being the good sport, Ken drove to Wal-Mart to get 2 more cans while I prepped for dinner.  We finished the painting when he returned, ate dinner, and then he went to Celebrate Recovery.  I washed the new towels I got today and played on my tablet - I was tired.  

Spent some time working on this blog before going to bed.  It has been another busy day.

Just a few photos of some of the changes we made to the BR's and baths and the current LR and DR areas.  The new furniture gets delivered on Thursday for the LR so new photos soon!  Things are coming together and it is starting to feel like home.


This area will soon have a total new look minus tables!



When the kitchen was redone, they didn't put the 4 cabinets
back that separated the kitchen from the dining area.  Makes
it look so open and much larger!



I am getting new lights for the nightstands and changing
the curtains.  You will see that soon!

Leading to the Master Bath.

New bedding but without the headboards we painted
yesterday!  I am excited to see the difference they will make!

Will show you the new look in the guest bathroom another day!



No comments:

Post a Comment