Thursday, June 13, 2019

Thursday - Hot and Humid Like All the Other Days!

Ken was up early to enjoy reading on the screened porch.  I rose by 6:45 to do my stretches and get ready for the day.  I helped Ken with his breakfast and we had time to have coffee and chai outside.

At 8:30 the manager from Empire Electric stopped by to check on our electrical box repairs.  I don't believe he was overly thrilled especially with the drywall situation.  We agreed to let Marco finish the job including the drywall, but Larry, the manager, guaranteed that if we are not completely satisfied he will have a professional drywaller come and do the job to our satisfaction.  So, we will wait and see if Marco does finish the job correctly!

Ken left to help at the Food Pantry from 9 to 11:30 and at 9:30 they arrived from Kane's furniture with our new sofa and 2 reclining chairs.  I was a bit apprehensive until I saw the new pieces in our Condo but I love them and all of it is so comfortable!  Hallelujah!  I did some devotions and clean-up and then had a wonderful phone conversation with Donna who lives in Pottsville, PA.  We had met her and Bill when camping here in Florida and really enjoy their company!  They are trying to sell their motorhome when they return to Florida this coming winter.  We plan to get together when we are all here.

After lunch, Ken and I both decided to rest for a little and then I had Ken take new photos of the Condo with the improvements we have made!  Things are slowly coming together.  The LR still needs tables and lamps, but all in all I am very pleased with all we have accomplished in 1 week!

Here are some new photos -


There are seashells on the shams in the MBR!

I found these rather "whimsical" seashell lights!

Large Master Shower!

Love the wicker headboards I spray painted for the guest
BR!

Looking across the hall to the guest Bath!

Our new LR furniture looks a bit "naked" without tables
and lamps.  That will happen, but just not now!!!!

Nice view from the LR!

We enjoy the nice open area!  We even have a place to work
on our computer!


So glad they removed the 4 cabinets between the DR and
Kitchen when they remodeled to give it such an open feeling!

So much cabinetry compared to Wilbur!



Ken made a phone call to the Eicher Arts Center in Ephrata, PA to reserve it for our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration which will take place on Sunday, October 27th - how exciting!  I can't believe we have been married that long.  I think I was 10 when we got married!!!!! 

We made salads and had leftover Mexican for dinner.  Ken has a large lead in Hand and Foot after 3 rounds.  He did some work on his I-Pad and I did worked on some cardholders.  I can't believe I never left the Condo today.  Both of us are happy for some slower days!


No comments:

Post a Comment