Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Tuesday and Wednesday - Homeownership!

Tuesday we arrived at Rick and Joyce's around 2:00 and we were so excited to see each other.  We spent the afternoon chatting and then started a game of Pinochle, stopping to eat the delicious ham, bean and potato dinner that Joyce had prepared.  The women were the winners.

Wednesday morning, the 4 of us went to breakfast at Peaches and by 9:00 Ken and I were on our way for our 10:00 walk through at the condo.  We were a bit anxious because we had only toured it about 20 minutes the last night we were in Florida in April.  At that time we had no thought of purchasing a property in Florida.  So, we were a bit "anxious" to see it again and hopeful that we would be happy with our purchase.  No problem - we really loved it as soon as we walked in.  

Back to the Venice area for our settlement which took about 15 minutes!  WE ARE HOMEOWNERS AGAIN - WOW!  We have not owned a "stick and brick" property for almost 6 years, just Wilbur, our home on wheels!  This is exciting.

We stopped at Chipotle to get their bowl as a take-out and went back to the Condo to eat it.  We are last of the big spenders and celebrators!  I started removing everything from the kitchen cabinets to determine what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to replace with my things from Wilbur.  The condo came completely furnished - dishes, silverware, pots and pans, towels, etc. which was nice, but I preferred most of my own things.  

Rick, Joyce, Lloyd and Deb arrived around 2:30 and the men unloaded Lloyd's truck and our car while the ladies helped me wash the cabinets inside and out and then put back what I chose to keep.  We also boxed the items I wanted to take to the Thrift Shop at our church.  The men unloaded the dresser that Rick and Joyce graciously gave us for our guest BR.  They all left at 5 and we so appreciated all their help.  What great friends!

Ken and I were both exhausted but I have a problem when there are unpacked boxes "sitting around".  By 9:30 I had almost everything unpacked and in what I think is it's proper place.  We were in bed by 10 and fell right to sleep, exhausted but excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment