Saturday, June 1, 2019

Friday - Beautiful Warm, Sunny Day with a Breeze!

After rather restless night's sleep, we were both up by 5:30 and by 6:30 I was on my way to have breakfast with the Curvette ladies in Ephrata.  We had a fun time celebrating Shirley's birthday.  Don't tell anyone, but she was 83 today and we all decided we want to be Shirley when we are that age!  She still works out 3 days a week at Planet Fitness and walks about 10,000 steps daily - wow!

After breakfast, I meet Ken at the storage area where we keep Wilbur and we loaded the car with all the "stuff" that was in Wilbur's basement to take to Florida.  We are so thankful that Deb and Lloyd took about 2/3's of our things, because our car will be filled to capacity when we leave on Monday!  Ken went to the bank and they wired the money to Florida (that is the only method you can use to get the money to the title company - Florida law!).  When he returned, we spent time packing more things and loaded them in the CRV.  I know we probably won't be able to find a place for everything at the condo, for it is already furnished including the kitchen.  But, a lot of the items I had in Wilbur will replace the things that are there like dishes, cups, pots and pans, etc.  Whatever we don't need we will take to the Thrift Shop at Edgewater Church that we attend in Florida.  

Ken took a long walk but because I am still having problems with my back and leg, I decided to spend that time making more cards that are ordered from friends.  After lunch, I worked on this blog and Ken did some reading.  I also enjoyed playing some games on my tablet.  

We left at 4:15 to go Millersville to meet Cindy and John at Jacks for supper and then went to see Servant Stage perform My Fair Lady at Millersville University.  What a fantastic show!  Their small orchestra was wonderful and the actors did such a great job!  Our school had presented My Fair Lady when we were sophomores so I could have sung along with all the well known songs.  We were back home by 10:45 (it was a 3 hour show) and we went right to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment