Saturday, March 16, 2013

An Unexpected Happening!!!!

Around 9, I called Sue, the lady I had met at the craft show on Saturday who wanted to bring some friends to the CG to buy some of my jewelry.  After talking with her, they decided to come around 11 on Thursday instead of the afternoon.  So, Ken and I got busy organizing, cleaning and setting up the jewelry inside Willie!  It sure would have helped if the slide was working and could have been out for the "show", but it looked and functioned better than anticipated.  By 10:45 we were ready and I had talked to Audrey and Dale in the CG whom I had met at the Craft Class and told them I would have the jewelry set-up for the day and they should feel free to invite their friends!  Well, they did quite a job of spreading the word.  Dale announced it at line dancing and to the ladies at the Bocce Court.

It worked out well to have a jewelry "show" in Willie!


Sue and friends came at 11 and then the "flow" of ladies from the CG began.  Till the"show" ended around 4 there must have been around 35 ladies in and out of Willie!  It was amazing.  Ken sat outside most of the time and was joined by Chuck and Melissa.  They just laughed as more and more ladies came by and they entertained some of the husbands.  I was exhausted and hungry by 4:00 but so excited.  It was the best show I had while here in Florida.  Who would have thought it?????  I also have a few pieces to make that were ordered.  Incredible!

After cleaning up, the 4 of us played a game of Bocce and Shuffleboard - Chuck and I were victorious in both.  Then we spent the evening in Chuck and Melissa's RV and they made chili and homemade orange sherbet for all of us for dinner.  Then Ken and I learned how to play Skip-Bo.  We had so much fun and all of us agreed that we can't remember when we laughed so much and so hard.  We had tears off and on all evening! 


The happy Shuffleboard Winners!!!


We were on a "roll"!


Called it a day around 11:15.  This was the 1st day for about 2 weeks that we didn't get our 10,000 steps.  We would have had to do all of them after the show and I was just too tired.  Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment