Friday, November 2, 2018

Friday - Another Mild Day, But Cloudy and Rainy!

Ken was up very early to do his reading and then left a little before 6 to walk.  It had rained during the early morning hours and was still cloudy and dark when he left, but no showers.

I got ready and left at 6:25 to meet my Curvette ladies for breakfast where we celebrated Becky and Polly's birthday and some of us had belated cards for Janna.  I had one of my favorite breakfast treats - pumpkin pancakes and they were delicious.  I left all the ladies pick a rock I had painted with inspiration sayings.  It is so much fun to give things away that I enjoy doing!

I ran numerous errands following our breakfast including going to Green Dragon (a local Friday Farmers Market) for fruits and veggies.  Hey, delicious red and green grapes for 99 cents/lb. - you can't beat that!!!  I was bag home by 9:45 and Ken was just driving in after having breakfast with his mentor through CR.

We chatted for quite awhile and then he rested while I did my devotions and worked on this blog.  We ate lunch and by 1 were at Masonic Village to play pinochle with mom and dad.  It was a good day with each of us winning 2 games.  Finally, the women had a successful day!

We met Cindy and John at Gus's Restaurant for dinner and ate and visited from 5 to 6:45.  We had not seen each other for over a month, so it was good to "catch up" on life!  They are looking forward to spending the winter in Texas.

It had started to "pour" while we were in the restaurant and it continued the entire drive home.  It was so hard to see on the back roads, so Ken was thankful when we arrived home safely.  We read, listened to music, and I did some crafting.  It was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment