Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Monday and Tuesday - Preparing for Trip South!

After watching the news and eating breakfast, we left at 8:15 to go to Ephrata with our 1st stop at Wal-Mart to get a few food items for Thanksgiving and then to the Wilbur's storage area to bring him back home.  I followed Ken to get propane and gas so Wilbur would be ready to "rock and roll" early Friday morning.  It was a chilly, damp morning, but when the sun finally appeared, it definitely "warmed up"!

We were back home around 11:15 and after getting Wilbur situated in the apartment parking area it was time for lunch.  We spent several hours organizing the clothes we want to take with us, some food items, paper goods, etc and loaded them in the CRV to take down to Wilbur.  In the middle of this activity, Ken left for a 1:30 check-up appointment with his Eye Dr.  We continued some loading when he returned.

At 5:30 we met our good friends, Sam and Kathy, at the Knight and Day Diner for dinner from the Sr. Citizen Menu that offers so many good entree choices and includes soup or salad, and ice cream for dessert for about $7.99 - amazing.  The 4 of us had so many laughs recalling our many camping adventures together and some of the crazy things that happened.  We also did some serious chatting "catching up" on life.  We must have had a lot to talk about because we only parted ways at 8!

Ken and I spent the evening watching The Voice while I crocheted and Ken did some responses to Facebook and e-mails.  Bed by 10.  

Today, Tuesday, it was rather cool when we got up and stayed rather chilly a lot of the day.  Ken made us breakfast while I started doing the wash and getting ready for my dermatology appointment.  I left at 9 and  I was so excited - I am Clear for another Year!  Hallelujah!

I stopped at AC Moore to get some yarn and then headed to Costco - a big mistake!  That place was crazy busy and I could hardly find a place to park.  I only went for 2 items and was thankful that the check-out lines were rather small when I was ready to leave.  I was back home by 12 and stopped at Polly's with 2 items she was graciously willing to take to 2 of the Curvettes who ordered them from me.  I had a nice visit with Polly while I was there.

Ken had spent a lot of the morning at his desk paying bills (yuck!) and then loading more items in Wilbur.  It is amazing how many things need to go with us!!!  I spent time finishing the wash and ordering more photos from Costco for the Christmas calendars.  Ken ran a few errands and I worked on this blog.

We meet our good friends, Dan and Jackie, at Scooters at 5 and it was Pasta Night.  Ken and I had baked penne pasta with sausage and hamburg and you also got a drink, salad, and their special dessert of the season, pumpkin ice cream with baked apples.  The entree was only $9.99 and all of it was delicious.  Dan and Jackie treated us as a "send-off" for Florida - how nice of them.

The 4 of us, plus Ken's friend, Troy, were at Celebrate Recovery by 6:45 and it was a special night for Ken's Step Study Group.  They each got to speak and explain what a Step Study is and what it meant to each of the men (6 of them) that completed the study.  In 2017 and 2018 they met  from April to October on Saturdays starting at 3 and ending at 5.  The study also required them to do a lot of soul searching and studying.  I was so proud of Ken for the wonderful message he delivered and how well he presented it.  I think it was extremely meaningful to many of the folks who were there.

Dan drove me home and Ken, Jackie and Troy stayed for the small groups.  I worked on the girls scrapbook pages until Ken returned around 9:30.  We chatted about the evening and by 10 he was in bed.  I watched my new favorite show, New Amsterdam, and it was so good.  I did some reading in bed and then lights out by 11:30.


No comments:

Post a Comment