Sunday, November 18, 2018

Saturday and Sunday - Cold Days, But Sunny!

Saturday, Ken was up a little before me and did his reading.  We watched the morning news at 7, completed our morning routines and had breakfast, and were on our way to Brown Hill Stables in Narvon, about 35 minutes from Lititz.  

Samantha has been taking horseback riding lessons this fall and this was lesson number 7 of 8.  She also did a week of horse camp here last summer and she positively loves being with the horses and learning to ride.  She does not enjoy participating in sports, so we are thankful that she found something that brings her such joy and excitement.  She led Bess, the horse she rides each week, into the barn from the outside pasture area, brushed her, and then put on the saddle, bridle, etc.  It was fun to watch her and how focused she was during the process.  Ken had fun taking pictures during her hour lesson and Lanie and I got to watch and share time together. 


Starting her lesson by walking Bess around the arean!


Listening to her instructor!


The indoor arena is only about 2 years old!


Starting to trot!



Lesson finished......

....and Samantha loves every minute of it!



After the lesson, she groomed her again and then led Bess back outside.


Now is is time for more grooming!


PawPaw and Grandma were so happy to get to see
Samantha at her riding lesson!

Time to take Bess back to the outside corral!

I think Bess is saying good-bye to Samantha and thanks for
our time together!


The 4 of us went to September Farms, a "market" where they sell their own homemade cheese and ice cream, have a bakery, and also a cafe with delicious sandwiches and specialty drinks.  We had hot drinks and donuts along with a nice time of fellowship.

On the way home Ken graciously agreed to wait in the car while I checked out the Stamping and Scrapbook Department at the Flower and Craft Warehouse in Blue Ball.  I only spent $3.00, but I had a fun time checking out all their stamps, paper, and die cuts.

We were home by 2:15 and decided we should go for a walk around town.  It was a bit chilly, but sunny and felt invigorating to get some exercise.  We had a light lunch and Ken read and rested while I made some cards while watching college football.  

Ken grilled for dinner and we watched the Manheim Central District playoff game while I downloaded photos and worked on this blog. We only got to bed around 11 with time for reading!

Today, Sunday, was a chilly, cloudy, and damp day, really felt like winter.  We both were up around 6:45, rather late for Ken.  We left for church at 8:30 and sat with Dane, Jamie, Sue and Dan.  We had a good message with one of our pastors "interviewing" a gentleman from India who is a Christian that does a lot of work in that country with the Dalit people, considered the "lowest" class of people there.  What an eye opening service.

We went to breakfast with Jamie's family and had such a nice time visiting.  Back home around noon and Ken suggested that we go for a walk.  Not high on my list, but I know I need more exercise because of my back.  Recently I have done too much crafting and that has me sitting way too much!  I went about 2 miles but Ken continued a lot farther.  My back and hip did okay, but now I seem to have trouble with my shin and thigh - what is that about????

I starting watching the Steelers game around 1:15 and when Ken returned, he decided to start getting some things ready for our departure for Florida.  He was a busy boy!  At halftime, I got all my craft things together, because I have a show in Florida on December 8 plus some projects I want to work on while we are there.  I can't believe the Steelers won their game, because they were really outplayed, but they had an amazing 4th quarter.  Then it was time for the Eagles to play which was one ugly game!!  We did take time to make salads for dinner and grill onions and peppers to put on top with leftover fish for Ken and chicken for me - delicious!

Unfortunately I had to spend a bunch of my time "untangling" yarn.  For some reason, there was not an end coming from the center of the new skein, it just created one tangled mess!  It can be so frustrating!

We got a message from Lanie that Katelyn did have her final playoff soccer game this morning and they game in 1st in their league.  The game was 0 to 0 after 2 periods of overtime so it went to on goal kicks.  At round 13, they won!  It was a long cold game for the family!

Ken and I watched 60 minutes before I tuned into Sunday Night Football.  Ken listened to a video and I did 2 camping scrapbook pages for Bria and Cali (one more to do for each of them and that is just for our 1st trip) and then I need to do the same for Samantha and Katelyn.  We also had a second camping adventure with them and I will document that one for each of the girls too!  I do enjoy doing them, but it does take a lot of time!

Off to bed by 10.  Looking at our calendars, this week will be a very busy one and it is going to be winter type weather.  Definitely time to head to Florida!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment