Friday, November 16, 2018

Friday - A Snow "Recovery" Day!

Ken and I were both up at 5:30 to check the snow situation and than my phone to see if the Curvettes were still planning to meet for breakfast.  We showered and got ready and then I got some messages that most of the ladies were not planning to meet.  That was okay with me because the roads around our apartment were not looking too good for traveling.  Ken had offered to take me, but we were both happy that we didn't need to risk driving!

Ken spent most of the morning reading and doing some "homework" for meeting with his mentor when we return in December.  I had the opportunity to finish several of my crafting projects, including gifts I am making for Christmas and the crocheted afghans for Knots of Love.  I hope to ship about 8 of them in the very near future.

I also starting working on the scrapbook pages for Bria, Cali, Sam and Katelyn from our 2 camping trips with them this summer.  Last year I had sent the pages to add to their albums for Valentine's Day while Ken and I were in Florida.  I hope to do the same thing this year and I would like to complete them before we head south.  I had better get busy!  So, I downloaded all the photos to a zip drive and now I am ready to create the pages.  Once I get started I enjoy doing it, but getting started is the problem!

Ken and I picked up Polly at 12:30 to treat her to lunch at a surprise location - Gracie's in Leola.  We had such a good time and really enjoyed the menu choices.  Gracie's is known for their bacon creations and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Our waitress recommended their bacon grilled cheese on toasted sourdough bread which Yelp rated in the top ten grilled cheese in the US.  All three of us ordered it and we were not disappointed!  Bacon is something Ken and I never buy so it was a treat!  





We had Polly back home by 2:30 and Ken and I went to Target to complete our Christmas shopping for our granddaughters.

Both of us were tired after getting up so early, so we took naps.  Earlier in the afternoon we had called Dan and Jackie and invited them to come over around 7 to play cards.  Ken and I were "stuffed" from lunch (we even had PB Pie for dessert) so we didn't eat dinner.  We played 2 games of Pinochle with Dan and Jackie and the men and women each won a game.  It was a fun evening with special friends!  They left around 11:15 and Ken and I went right to bed, did some reading, and lights were out around 11:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment