Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - Busy but Good!

Monday was a typical day for the Hoslers.  Ken did his morning routine before leaving for an 8:30 breakfast with one of his buddies from CR.  I had just about completed my morning routine when Ken returned.

He went for a long walk, but it was rather chilly outside and I decided to stay in the warm.  When he returned we ate a light lunch and then he left for a 12:30 appointment with Dane and I headed to Masonic Village to help my mother sort through her rubber stamps and hopefully get rid of some!

Mom and I had a good time going through the MANY stamps she has accumulated and we actually filled a large bag with ones she would like to sell.  We priced each one before placing them in the bag.  She was pleased with all that we accomplished before I left at 4.  Dad stopped by twice to see what we were doing!

Ken had done numerous errands after his time with Dane.  We left home at 5:30 to go to a viewing for Galen Crouse, the husband of Carolyn, with whom I had worked with for many years at the Ephrata Church of the Brethren.  She was the very talented organist when I directed the choir and also played for me many times when I sang in church.  She is a special lady and I so appreciated how she made me "look good" even when I wasn't quite sure what I was doing!

We made a pizza for dinner when we returned and then had a relaxing evening watching The Voice.  Ken read and I did some crafting - a typical night at the Hoslers.

Tuesday was another typical morning and by 8:30 we left to meet our couples card club at Old Hickory Grill for breakfast before heading to Kreiders for card playing.  We had a great time together and Ken and I had the high score of the day, so we brought home an extra $6.00 - wow! When we left around 3 it was much colder and very windy.

Ken rested while I did some crafting and made salads for tonight and tomorrow.  Neither of us were very hungry, so we just had salads for dinner.  Ken left at 6:15 for CR and I spent the evening watching The Voice and my favorite new show, New Amsterdam.  Ken was in bed around 10:15, but I only got there at 11.  

Today, Wednesday, Ken left at 8 for his work at MCC.  I spent the morning just getting ready and doing my normal morning "stuff".  When Ken returned, we ate a quick lunch and by 1:30 we were at Masonic Village to play cards with Mom and Dad.  We had decided to go there today instead of Thursday because they are predicting a "wintery mix" of snow, sleet and freezing rain tomorrow afternoon.  We wanted to get to see them and spend time together so today worked out well for both of us.

It was a fun afternoon with the women being victorious again - we won 4 out of 5 games.  Wow, we are good!!!  We only got back home around 5:45 and Ken grilled numerous pieces of meat so he wouldn't have to grill tomorrow night with the bad weather.  We ate dinner while watching the evening news.  No cards tonight after playing all afternoon, so we watched the Country Music Awards while he did some "stuff" on Facebook and messenger and I worked on the calendars I will give for gifts for family and friends.  It was bedtime around 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment