Thursday, May 30, 2019

Wednesday and Thursday - Hot and Humid with More Storms!

Before breakfast, Ken left to take the car to a local garage for inspection.  He walked back home while I got ready and prepped breakfast.  We left at 10 to go to Reamstown for the viewing and funeral of Marcia's father.  Marcia is a member of our couples card club and Ken and I also knew her father because he had sold his home through us during our Real Estate days!  It was a great service and we were able to visit with many friends.  They also had a luncheon at the church which we attended and spent time with Sam and Kathy, friends who we used to camp with, having shared some wonderful adventures!

On our way back home we stopped and picked up Ken's car returning around 2:30.  I spent a lot of the afternoon cardmaking while Ken rested.  He also decided to take another short walk before dinner, but I decided to pass!  After such a nice luncheon, we didn't have much for dinner.  We played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot and I am leading by a large margin! 

Thursday was another warm day with some thunderstorms predicted.  Fortunately, we never got the rain or severe weather!  Ken left early to have breakfast with Gary and I spent the morning cleaning, my least favorite job.  After his breakfast, Ken had gone to Jamie's for a haircut and then to the bank to verify that we could get money for the condo in Florida wired on Friday - no problem! 

After lunch, Ken and I left to spend the afternoon playing pinochle with Mom and Dad.  It was a fun afternoon and the women finally won 2 of the 4 games.  The men did have the lead in the 5th one, but we didn't get to finish it.  We were back home around 5:00 and made salads for dinner and then Ken grilled chicken and salmon.  After watching the news and James on Jeopardy, we finished our game of Hand and Foot and Ken made a great comeback in the 3rd round, but I was the winner of the 4th.  We watched America Ninja Warrior and I crocheted.  I also had to quickly make a birthday card for Shirley, one of my Curvette friends, who has a birthday tomorrow that we will celebrate at breakfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment