Sunday, September 29, 2019

A Fun Weekend! A Combination of Busy and Relaxing!

Saturday was supposed to be a slow paced day, but it became extremely busy.  
We began the day by walking to the Wal-Mart Marketplace for a few groceries and then we made breakfast.  Ken took a long walk and I decided to go to the pool and do my aquatic exercises.  The pool water is so refreshing and I had my own private pool, because no one else was there!

Our day got buy when a received the prints I had ordered from Costco and of course I wanted to put them in the frames and hang them on the walls.  Ken was a "trooper" and helped me with the project.  We also decided to move some of the photo frames we had hung earlier.  So, it became more of a job than we bargained for!  Then it was time to prep food for our dinner guests.  We cut-up all the lettuce and veggies for a large salad and cleaned up the kitchen.  Ken vacuumed while I showered and cut-up potatoes to roast in the oven.  I had just finished doing my hair when Frank, Barb, Rick, and Joyce arrived at 4.  Neither Ken nor I had anytime to rest before their arrival.  Not sure what happened, but the day certainly "got away from us"!

What a delightful evening we had having dinner together and then playing a game of Hand and Foot with the women beating the men.  Dinner was a success and Ken and I appreciated all the great comments we got on our Florida home.  They were very gracious.  By 9:15  they left and Ken and I finished cleaning up the Kitchen.  What a fun, busy day with another group of very special Florida friends who we learned to know at our church at home.  They are now all permanent Florida residents!

Today, Sunday, we were at church by 9:15 and they needed greeters and asked Ken and I if we would do that job.  We were scheduled to greet after the 1st service, so we did it before both gatherings!  It is a job we enjoy!

We came right home after the 2nd service began and I put in a load of wash and together we mixed a batch of oat bran muffins.  Ken did the dishes while I finished the muffins.  Then together we made a cooked breakfast!

We spent sometime packing for our trip to The Villages tomorrow to stay with Chuck and Melissa until Wednesday.  We are so excited to be able to get together with them, because we always have such a good time.  Ken rested and I worked on this blog while watching football.  

No comments:

Post a Comment