Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Monday and Tuesday!

Monday morning were up a bit later because both of us felt rather exhausted and I had stayed up to watch the end of the Eagles football game.  Also, I had a terrible time going to sleep, because it was after 2 when I finally slept!  By 9:00 we were on our way to North Port to help the Backpack Angels group put together hygiene kits for about 5 of the local schools, around 400 plus kits complete with sanitary wipes, brush and comb, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and toothpaste.  Again, it is a wonderful group of people who provide this service 1X per month.  We were so happy to be a part of it and plan to do it whenever we are in Florida.


We pack the school kits at a storage area near North Port.  It is
a great group of ladies and there are some men too!  Ken
wasn't the only one!


Back to the condo by 11 and we spent time getting organized for tomorrow when Rick and Joyce are coming to help us improve our rack and shelving systems in our BR closets (the men will do that) and Joyce and I will paint both bathroom vanities.  We needed to design what we wanted in the closets and then empty them.  Ken also took the doors off the vanities in preparation for the painting.

We ate lunch and I left for another shopping spree, mainly because I needed paint for the vanities, had some clothes to pick-up that I had put on lay-away, and get supplies to make a wreath for our door.  I did pick up a few additional items, but I kept it under control.  I only returned around 5.

Ken had made salads for dinner and then he grilled meat on the grills across from our building that are provided by our community, including the propane gas.  We hadn't brought our grill from PA, but Ken enjoyed their "set-up" and thinks we might leave our grill at home!  I cleaned up and Ken headed to Celebrate Recovery.  I spent the evening crafting but unfortunately I didn't get very much accomplished.  I did spent a lot of time cleaning up my mess!  We watched American Ninja Warrior when Ken returned from church and both of us found it amazing and exciting!

Tuesday, Rick and Joyce arrived around 10:30 and we all went right to work.  Much to my surprise, Ken decided we should really replace the vertical blinds in both BR's and I had done a bit of looking yesterday at Home Depot when they were mixing my paint.  After some talking among the 4 of us it was decided we should get the 2 1/2 inch Faux wooden blinds, so Ken and Rick went to make the purchase while Joyce and I started painting the vanities.

The men got the blinds installed fairly quickly and I must tell you, they look so fantastic!  Then they began removing all the organizers in the guest BR and got ready to put it back together in a much more user friendly way.  Unfortunately, they realized they needed some of the long racks that were still at Rick and Joyce's home in Venice, so they left to "retrieve" them.  Rick and Joyce had totally redone their walk-in closet with organizers from Ikea and saved all their shelving for us to use - how nice of them!  Ken and Rick cut the pieces at Venice before returning to our Condo.  By then Joyce and I had eaten lunch and finished all the painting we could do.  They doors were still wet and so I suggested we go to find a curtain rod and new drapes for our MBR.  We all decided the new blinds needed new curtains!  We drove in Joyce's car and got a call from Rick that a saw they needed was in her car.  So I shopped while she headed back to the Condo taking the scenic route - she got lost!

She returned to help me decide on the rod and curtains and when we got back we could paint the final coat on the vanity doors and the men were almost finished with the guest closet.  When that was completed, they graciously hung the new rod in our BR and then added one shelf to our MBR closet.  By then it was 7:30 and we were all starving.  We ordered an Italian pizza made in the coal oven at Boca Lupa and it was positively delicious.  After some ice cream for dessert, Rick and Joyce wanted to stay and play one game of Pinochle and it was a good way for us to relax and enjoy the evening.  Unfortunately the men won!

Love all the shelves that provide a lot better
organization in the Guest Closet!

The new Faux wooden shades plus new curtains and even
a new curtain rod!


We were so grateful to Rick and Joyce for all their help and the shelving they had given to us.  What nice changes were made to our Florida home today and we owe them all our gratitude!  What great friends who are so giving of their time and talents!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment