Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Monday and Tuesday - Fun Days!

Monday was a good day with fantastic weather and a rather relaxing day.  Ken went for a walk while I got ready.  I did a load of wash and we did some cleaning around the condo before leaving at 11:15 to met friends from church, Joe and Carolyn, for lunch at the local Hometown Restaurant/Cafe.  We had a delicious lunch while chatting and by 1:00 we all come back to our place so they could take the short tour before we played 2 games of Rummy.  Not to brag, but I won both games - Yes!!!!

They left around 3:45 and Ken read and rested while I spent time gluing shells to a "lathe" type frame I had recently bought for the hallway from our MBR to our Master Bath.  I also cut a piece of fish netting to cover part of it.  

About 6 clips came with the frame so you can hang
4 x 6 photos.  They are on order and I am excited to
complete the project!


After dinner, Ken went to Celebrate Recovery and I spent time measuring and then hanging the lathe frame.  I was going to work on another shadow box picture from the Master Bath, but by then it was 8:00 and I didn't feel like getting out all the "stuff" I would need to make the picture and then clean it up before going to bed.  So, I spent the rest of the evening crocheting while watching The Voice!  Ken was home by 9:30 and by 10 we were in bed.

Today, Tuesday, Ken had a a face time chat with one of his CR buddies from back home while I stayed in the BR doing my exercises, devotions, and showering.  Ken made us a delicious breakfast and by 9:30 Bob and Pat from church, came to visit.  Bob is very artistic and brought us a cute painting he did on a frond from a palm tree and a beautiful live mum for our lanai.  How thoughtful.  We had such a good time visiting and learning more about their lives.

At 1:00, Ken drove me to the church for a craft class.  Every Tuesday a group of ladies get together and someone teaches a new craft that hopefully gets completed that week, but sometimes goes into the next!  Each of us brought a T-shirt and we picked a design to design on it using fabric paint.  I had found a saying on Pinterest that I wanted to try to do.  I had a good time and was basically pleased with my 1st try.  It is rather hard to be steady using a small squeeze bottle of paint and hopefully getting it on evenly, straight and exactly where you want it!

It is a bit hard to tell, but it is white glitter paint!


Susan, the gal who had invited me to join them, brought me home to check out the condo.  She is such a hard working lady at the church and only moved to this area of Florida 9 months ago.  Susan is also extremely artsy and painted a really cute Halloween church today.  It said, "Yes, I can drive stick" and it was a picture of a witch on a broom - her husband thought it would be a good one for her to paint!!!!!

Ken took a walk while they changed the oil in the CRV and stopped for some groceries while I was gone.  After Susan left, I went to Wal-Mart to get a curtain rod and a different curtain for the guest room, but I didn't have any success.  I also checked at Target.  But, when I got back to the Condo I got smart and went on Amazon, finding just the right navy blue drape and rod.  Why isn't the internet my 1st choice?  It would safe me a lot of time and frustration!!!!

Ken grilled for dinner, I cleaned-up and then we worked together to hang magnet latches on both of the vanities Joyce and I had painted.  Now they close properly!

I worked on this blog while watching The Voice and then I was so excited to watch the 1st show of this year's season of "New Amsterdam"!  It has been another very nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment