Thursday, September 19, 2019

Thursday - Another Busy Day at the Condo!

We watched the morning news and had a cooked breakfast before Ken left at 8:45 to help unload the trucks for the church's food pantry.  I kept myself very busy while he was gone - put the prints we had received yesterday from Costco in the proper frames, ironed my new curtains, did some wash, and caught up on some text messages as well as having a nice chat with my brother-in-law, John.  Cindy is in Fenwick Island with 3 other ladies for the week and so John is "bacheloring" it!

When Ken returned he surprised me with a package that had arrived at our door - the canvas photo we had ordered from Costco for above our sofa.  So, we took time to hang it before leaving for Home Depot to exchange the door hinges and then to Wal-Mart for a few more groceries.  It looks amazing and was a gift from my dear friend, Polly.  We are so grateful!  After lunch, Ken rested while I did some additional decorating projects.  Then it was time to "tackle" hanging those vanity doors and this time all went smoothly.  I had bought decorative door knobs too that had to be "installed" and that went well also.  Hallelujah, another project completed!


This is our almost finished LR, but taken before we got
the canvas picture that was a photo Ken had taken on one
of our many trips!  I bought the table lamps with a gift card
the girls had given me for my birthday!

Our new entertainment center that goes with the end tables!

I am so happy with the print we ordered.  It  took us a long
time to decide which photo to use, because Ken has taken so
many special ones!

It adds a lot of color to the LR, but I decided it needs to be
lowered several inches!  We will do that another day!



It is rather difficult to tell what color we painted
the cabinet, but it is a medium brown and the
knobs are shells to go with my shower curtain!

I used the same color in Ken's bathroom
(also the guest one!) and the knobs there are
life preservers!


Ken grilled on the neighborhood grills and after clean up, we watched a little tv and I worked on this blog while Ken did some reading.  It has certainly been a productive week here at the condo.  Looking forward to helping at the Food Pantry tomorrow, then going to a ladies church service at Joyce's church near Sarasota (Ken will spend some time with Rick and some of his buddies) in the evening, and looking forward to a very relaxing weekend.

Just a side note.  Settlement is supposed to take place tomorrow, Friday, on Wilbur down in Texas.  But, with the severe weather they are having in the Houston area, we are not sure what will happen.  Hopefully things are still on target to take place, but maybe not tomorrow.  Time will tell!  We will be so thankful when that chapter of our lives has closed and someone new will get to enjoy Wilbur as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment