Friday, September 27, 2019

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday!

Most mornings Ken takes a long walk and today was no exception!  I am still not able to go very long distances because of my back and hip issues all related to my scoliosis!  It makes me sad, but I am thankful for the many things I can do!

Here are some photos he took of the beautiful landscaping here in our community -








By 10:15 we were on our way, with our bikes hitched to our CRV, to Rick and Joyce's home to spend the day together.  We chatted just a little and then got in our cars and drove into downtown Venice to ride the Venetian Waterway Trail, definitely one of our favorite bike trails.  It was a beautiful day for riding although a bit hot and humid!  We stopped along the way to feed peanuts to the Florida Scrub Jays!  They came out in abundance and even landed on our heads when we were leaving and had no peanuts for them.  I guess they were really hungry today!





After a short time walking Caspersen Beach, we rode back to our cars (facing the breeze) and then went to the Dockside Grill for delicious salads for lunch.  Back to their house where we spent the remainder of the afternoon and early evening playing Pinochle.  Of course, the women won again!  Ken I left around 7:45 after a wonderful day with special friends!

Caspersen Beach area is gorgeous, but has experienced a lot
of beach erosion!
Thursday, Ken and I walked to The Marketplace, Wal-Mart's grocery store only, that is about 1/2 mile from our condo.  What a great store and we really appreciate how convenient!  After breakfast, Ken left to help unload the truck and then set-up for tomorrow's food pantry!  I decided to go to the pool (my 1st time) and do some aquatic exercises.  The 3 pools here at our community our heated and I really enjoyed my time in the pool.  Our next store neighbors, Leo and Linda, came the last 1/2 hour I was there and I enjoyed getting to chat with them.

Ken was back around 12:30 and I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening making a shadowbox picture for the master bath.  It was nice to have the day at home!  We watched some football and I stayed up until midnight so I could finish my picture and put everything back in its proper place!  I love being creative, but I was exhausted when I "hit the pillow"!

The finished project!


Friday was another beautiful, hot, humid day and because Ken was up very early, he had time to take a walk before we left at 8:45 to work at the Food Pantry!  We just love helping with this ministry and all the people that serve!  We had a nice amount of fresh fruit and produce today and our clients were very thankful.

Getting everyone together for our prayer circle!

Everyone coming to the Food Pantry gets a back of canned
good and other staples!

Then a bag of frozen meat sized according to the number of
people in their family!

Then we take them around to select fresh veggies.....


....more fresh fruits and veggies....


...baked items including decorated cakes.  There is also
an area with loaves of bread, croissants, and bagels!



About 15 of us went to lunch at Beef O Brady's and had a fun time spending time together and eating a delicious lunch.  From there Ken and I went right to the Costco at Sarasota where we saw Rick and Joyce!  I think they were stalking us!!!!!



We were back home around 5:30 and we watched the new show, Bluff City Law!  I think that is the name and surprising, Ken even thought it was a great show and he is not one to watch serial shows!  I did a few final touches to my shadow box picture and we were in bed by 10:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment