Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Wednesday - Finally a Beach Day!

 Ken was up before me but I was in time to see the beginning of the morning news.  Ken mentioned that he wants to go to Manasota Beach today and do some relaxing!  Imagine that!  We haven't been to the beach since March, so I agreed it was time!  Our family didn't go to Bethany this year, so we weren't at the beach all summer!

It was a beautiful warm, sunny day, so we packed some drinks and snacks and headed to the beach arriving around 11:30.  It was a great day for finding shark's teeth and Ken found about 7 pieces of seaglass - that is a rarity in Florida!  We did some reading and I did some messaging to friends and family before we left for back home around 2:30.  

Ken was well up the beach when he took this photo!

He is heading back to the main part of the beach, but unlike
the winter, there were not many beach folks today!


After dinner, Ken and I decided to work together to hang the doors on the bathroom vanities that Joyce and I had painted yesterday.  What a frustrating time because I had purchased reverse hinges and it took Ken and I some time to realize they were not the type we needed.  Enough was enough, so we sat down and enjoyed the finale of America's Got Talent.  I really didn't know who I was rooting for, because there were so many very talented acts.  I really thought the gymnastic team would win and I was disappointed when they only came in 4th.  I thought they were positively amazing as were all the finalists!

Hopefully tomorrow we can get the doors hung when we get the proper hinges!

No comments:

Post a Comment