Saturday, September 7, 2019

Back to our Second Home - Florida!

Well, it has been over a month since my last post and although many things have happened, the main thing is our return to Florida for about 5 1/2 weeks.  We had planned to leave Lititz the Tuesday after Labor Day, but Hurricane Dorian changed those plans.  Also, I had my yearly check-up at my primary Dr., and she didn't like a spot I showed her on my lip.  To me, it looked very similar to my previous 2 sagamous cells and I was concerned.  She highly recommended that I see my dermatologist or my dermatology surgeon before heading to Florida.  Long story short, I was able to see my dermatologist that Tuesday and it was a small cyst and of no concern.  Wow, was I ever relieved!

So we kept busy in Lititz until our departure at 3:15 AM on Friday morning!  The car was so "packed" that we couldn't even find a place for a 6 pack of soda!!  We decided to stay away from I-95 and the coast due to Dorian so we took I-81 to 77 and then headed toward Columbia, SC and into Georgia.  It increased our trip by about 160 miles and it seemed like we would never get to I-75.  We spent the night about 80 miles from the border of Florida right off the interstate, finally getting there around 7:30.  We were both very tired and ready to call it a day.

We were on our way on Saturday morning by 7:45 and stopped at one of my favorite places, Sonny's Barbeque, for lunch.  It was only about 10 minutes from our Condo so we arrived at 2:30.  The remainder of the day was spent unloading the car and unpacking everything we had brought with us!  By 9:30 we "fell" into bed excited and happy to be back to our 2nd home!


No comments:

Post a Comment