Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Homeward Bound!

Ken and I were up at 7:15 and got ready for our trip home.  Amazing how much time it took until we actually got on the road.  All the hoses and electrical cords were so sandy.  I finished inside including vacuuming and washing the floors.  We hooked up the CRV and were out of the CG at 10:10.  We were ready to go home to see family and friends, but we were also sad to leave the area.  We have been going to this CG in the fall the last 3 years and we also find it exciting and fun.

We made 2 stops on the way home arriving at the apartment around 2:45.  The drive went well, except for an 8 mile detour.  Then the work began.  We started unloading, unpacking, and putting everything away.  I started the washer and 3 loads later everything but the rugs were clean.  

I also went to our local hospital lab to have blood work and an EKG for my upcoming surgical procedure.  I thought if I went this afternoon, I wouldn't have to wait very long and that was definitely the case.  I was in and out in no time!!!!!

This evening we walked downtown to have supper at Jo-Bo's, a local eatery/pub/brewery that opened here in Lititz over July 4th.  We wanted to try their pulled pork.  It was good, but Ken and I still love the pulled pork sandwiches we get in Florida at Sonny's!  They have the best!!!!

Then it was time to watch the finals of America's Got Talent!  I think all 6 acts deserve to win - they are great!  I guess my 4 top picks are the magician, the acrobats, the lady singer, and Sons of Serandip, but I don't know which would be my favorite.  How can you pick when they are all so different?????  While watching we both caught up on our e-mails.

Well, so far my predictions of who will win are right.  I thought the 2 guys would be the 1st to go and bingo, I was right.  I thought Quintavious was terrific, but I couldn't see him at 12 being an act at Las Vegas.  I really would like to see the magician win.  He is such an entertaining performer besides being an unbelievable magician.  Hallelujah!  Mat Franco is the winner.  This has been an amazing season for America's Got Talent!!!

After all that excitement and anxious moments, it is time for bed.  I'm exhausted!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment